Rockshox devs

Capricorn

Seems they playing with incremental changes/improvements. I'm totally ok with that, instead of reinventing the wheel, and then up-sizing the price in the process. Not VFM at alll..

Danny hiding the ends of the shocks for us:

http://dirt.mpora.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/12b270134.jpg

and i'm wondering if the next pic is a hint at what he is hiding (eyelet bearings), albeit the bearing below has a different location:

http://dirt.mpora.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/12b270173.jpg

I'm in agreement with comments on Dirtmag, this looks like a fork spring bearing, but i guess we'll see. FUnny thought: needle bearings for Needles.. :P

Sauce

Edited by Capricorn

Meh Marzo FTW.

that's what i would like up front if i take that Commencal Meta AM at Action Cycling. I see Myles is building himself up a sick machine. but my word, that thing is gorgeous in the flesh. photos hardly do it justice.

it's a new Morewood right?

that's what i would like up front if i take that Commencal Meta AM at Action Cycling. I see Myles is building himself up a sick machine. but my word, that thing is gorgeous in the flesh. photos hardly do it justice.

Edited by Pain or Shine

it's a new Morewood right?

good grief no man.. such sacrilege. I'd never give a whiff of a hint of praise to anything driftwood. jeepers man. <_<

Those are thrust bearings. Probably for between the frame and shock eye?

first guesses included that JB. but quite a few are convinced they are fork spring bearings. If RS revealed Keronite as the next big thing, then fork spring bearings are definitely an option ;)

Fox tried increasing the sensitivity of their hardware by shaving bushing material to give added sensitivity (as seen on 2011 RP23) - Didn't work..

If the RS needled bearings serve similar function, it would make more sense..

you are CRUZing for a bruising if you don't tell me!!

jeepers man, i said one step down, not one step up from 'the m-word we shall not speak of"..

Fox tried increasing the sensitivity of their hardware by shaving bushing material to give added sensitivity (as seen on 2011 RP23) - Didn't work..

If the RS needled bearings serve similar function, it would make more sense..

problem is, unless they are of the expensive variety, needle bearing pads tend to fail quicker than expected ;) . That said, they do work very well as bearings for the shock spring. K9 sells em, whilst other Ti-spring makers offered a delrin based flat bushing if i can call it that. both work, but the needle bearing worked best.

Edited by Capricorn

well you coulda been meaning a Giant step.. damn guy, there is a limited space on this Rocky Mountain of ours, TELL ME! I hold your secret track as Ransom! Huh, a bit of blackmail never hurt..

Edited by Pain or Shine

well you coulda been meaning a Giant step.. damn guy, there is a limited space on this Rocky Mountain of ours, TELL ME! I hold your secret track as Ransom! Huh, a bit of blackmail never hurt..

Damn, you're a Heckler! Let the debate Commence, al! A lot pivots on the outcome of this Fury-ous discussion...

Edited by cptmayhem

Ah a Gambling man.. sure you want to put your chips on a losing Horse?

Damn, you're a Heckler! Let the debate Commence, al! A lot pivots on the outcome of this Fury-ous discussion...

Edited by Pain or Shine