Whats NEXT after the Argus

Oortjies

I hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

I got my son (13 years) into Cycling last year just before the Argus 2011, and after that we laid off till Dec 2011. This year we've been training a bit harder (once again for the Argus) and I entered my son for the Pro Classic Series. The Pro Classic just finished; and after 9 days the Argus is also gone. I don't want to stop cycling for the next 6 months, yes I know I can train, but getting me out of bed for a race is easier than waking up for training :) . I remember back in the day road cycling was a winter sport, so something must be going on during winter.

What happens after the Argus? Is there type of League or other racing for my son taking place between 12 Mar 2012 & Sep 2012.

The PPA website spoiled me, so is there a different website I can go to stating more races (CSA site don't give great info regarding races).

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Yip MTB season. Imagine, no cars, taxis or punctures and some awesome routes and views. There are some great MTB rides on during the winter season, especially around Cape Town. It will also make him a strong climber by the time the roady season opens again.

What happens after the Argus? Is there type of League or other racing for my son taking place between 12 Mar 2012 & Sep 2012.

Unfortunately not much happens in the way of competitive road cycling.

There's a final road race or two, and of course Knysna in July.

A lot of roadies turn to their fat tyred bikes and participate in the PPA's MTB events.

Maybe you should consider that too ... it's not for everyone but can be a lot of fun.

shoe you guys sound convincing, I saw all the PPA MB events, but hoped there will rather be some road cycling :), but okay if that's all that's left, I don't have a choice to get the dust (last years argus dust) of our MB's.

or you just join the roadies for a weekend LSD ride (and no, that is not drugs) - 100Km+ rides at chilled effort more for TITS than speed.

fork it, there is like two drugs and 'other stuff' in that line alone....... TGIF!