Cape Argus cycle tour - Weather

rpedro

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these are the two I use and have been very accurate for skydiving weather checks:

www.windfinder.com/forecast/cape_point

www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/Western_Cape/Cape_Point/long.html

What's the updates, weather gurus?

Is there a consistent forecast emerging across the various websites?

No wind, well, very little.

The worst you will get is about 20kts at Cape Point area for the early bunches. By the time that the mobs arrive there it will be about 12kts.

Bring out your deep sections and just hide behind someone at Smitswinkel.

Dit lyk of die hoogste bome die meeste wind gaan vang (11m/s 6uur die oggend en 8m/s teen 9uur). Die wind bedaar soos die dag aangaan

Dit lyk of die hoogste bome die meeste wind gaan vang (11m/s 6uur die oggend en 8m/s teen 9uur). Die wind bedaar soos die dag aangaan

Sounds good!

Yes, very hot, especially for us starting at brunch. Just went an got myself 2 litres of Lucozade.

Yes, very hot, especially for us starting at brunch. Just went an got myself 2 litres of Lucozade.

For the ol' Camelbak?

No, don't use Camelbak. One bottle full for the cage and one bottle in my back pocket. (Small bottle in the back pocket.)

Edited by Moridin

No, don't use Camelbak. One bottle full for the cage and one bottle in my back pocket. (Small bottle in the back pocket.)

Enjoy.

Remember sunscreen...

Yes, sunscreen vital. Learnt my lesson when I did one surfski race without any on. Race started cloudy and ended in the blazing sun. Typical unpredictable Cape Town weather. So now I always have it in my kit bag.