Cape Argus cycle tour - Weather

rpedro

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Accuweather is 32 deg and SE 10 knots.

Dude 1kt = 1.852km/h

So you assume it's gona be a hurricane? :eek: Most likely 10km/h :thumbup:

Sorry hubbers, but it looks like the trend is towards a windless sweltering day, especially for us poor sods starting at brunch. WindFinder is usually accurate from around 5 days. I guess it is gonna be one of those days where the fists fly around the waterpoints.

Cape Point almost always have a SE.

I'm still hoping for that windstill and cool day, or am I starting to look delusional? I am the "domestique" for a "team" of four that range in age from 11 to 74 and I'm going to have to kill myself out there if it blows a gale. We start with the lowest seeded, at 09h15, so the heat has me worried too. I doubt that I'll find a lot of casual helpers in that late a group, but what the hell, we're just planning to get everyone to finish, not to try and win the thing.

Don't know where you get that one! My WindFinder says 2-8kt wind for Table Bay. BTW, DJR, I am starting 9h16, and also hoping for a nice group with an average pace between 25 and 28 km/h.

Don't know where you get that one! My WindFinder says 2-8kt wind for Table Bay. BTW, DJR, I am starting 9h16, and also hoping for a nice group with an average pace between 25 and 28 km/h.

Been using windfinder for years its only acurate up to 3 days in advance. weather still going to change loads between now and the race, check my earlier post on "cape of good hope" that was last night, now go check it, went from galeforce to no wind. By Friday you should have an acurate pictue

Guest Frail4Life

Talking about Wind!

Gale Force in Town tonight! Eish! Glad i am Not training tonight.

Talking about Wind!

Gale Force in Town tonight! Eish! Glad i am Not training tonight.

Yip, the wind was howling last night.

Looking much the same this morning too.

Pack your granny gear in case you have to pedal downhill against the SEaster coming down off the 12 Apostles :o

Pack your granny gear in case you have to pedal downhill against the SEaster coming down off the 12 Apostles :o

the southeaster luckily blows towards the city, so it will be mostly into your back after suikerbossie except if you are doing the route in reverse :w00t:

it does however come back from the mountain at some points during the descent there.

As long as she stays SE, she can blow as much as she likes. Its a SW that screws with you on this route.

Cape Weather Forecast = 1) there will be weather, and 2) the Forecast will be variable and unpredictable.

(agree re SW - pls no SW'er)