Professional Bike Set Up: Feedback, Comments, Opinions.

'Dale

Contradictory views here.

Interesting.

Thanx.

:thumbup:

I set up my appointment with Ergo Fit. Let's see!

You will always get contradictory views, and none of these bike setups are 100% perfect for everyone, just taking human biology and the variables that differentiate one human from the next means by default this will not work for everyone.

But from what i can gather from this thread if you dont mind me saying so is that be it BG Fit or ergofit, 99% felt and improvement by doing it. And that in itself is enough of a motivator if you ask me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a set-up done with Jeroen when attending to an Achilles issue I picked up during the CPT last year. He set the bike up and recommended I get some Orthotics for my cycling shoes and casual shoes. The bike set-up he did was fine, but the recommendation by Jeroen to go to the Podiatrist was a Winner. Since I have had the inner soles made up for my feet, my Achilles feels like nothing was ever wrong.

If you are going to Jeroen for a set-up and you have some other niggles, do yourselves a favour, make an appointment with the Podiatrist at the SSI, even if it is just to reassure yourself. It's money well spent.

We tend to forget about our feet inside the shoe and how that may affect our riding.

For Bike Set-up alone, I can highly recommend Erica Green and Spook Groenewald from Daisy Way in Somerset West. Very nice people and their results are excellent.

Edited by kandui

You will always get contradictory views, and none of these bike setups are 100% perfect for everyone, just taking human biology and the variables that differentiate one human from the next means by default this will not work for everyone.

But from what i can gather from this thread if you dont mind me saying so is that be it BG Fit or ergofit, 99% felt and improvement by doing it. And that in itself is enough of a motivator if you ask me.

Gottit!

What do you mean there was no fit on the bike? Are you saying you went there they took your measuremnts and did not get you on the bike to do the setup from the measurements taken. Thats strange, did you not ask what was going on.

The changes were very subtle and and so when there was no fitment I thought I would truck on, after a few days I had too go back to my shorter stem as I was way to uncomfortable

I mentioned it to the guys and then it knda fizzled out, my point is that I think its best to get an ergofit from the real pro's not people that have just done a course and its not their core business

with the BG fit there were emails checking my comfort, progress and regarding the need for any tweaks

The changes were very subtle and and so when there was no fitment I thought I would truck on, after a few days I had too go back to my shorter stem as I was way to uncomfortable

I mentioned it to the guys and then it knda fizzled out, my point is that I think its best to get an ergofit from the real pro's not people that have just done a course and its not their core business

with the BG fit there were emails checking my comfort, progress and regarding the need for any tweaks

I must agree it needs to be done by the right people, thankfully the chap in Durban/ Hillcrest that did mine is a avid MTBer, triathlete and Physio. As mentioned before, I just need to make another appointment and can have been told to I can come back as many times neccesary in getting it set up. Sorry that yours did not go as according to plan.

I must agree it needs to be done by the right people, thankfully the chap in Durban/ Hillcrest that did mine is a avid MTBer, triathlete and Physio. As mentioned before, I just need to make another appointment and can have been told to I can come back as many times neccesary in getting it set up. Sorry that yours did not go as according to plan.

I could not agree more, I purchased my first road bike just before last years argus, I went to JOC and was set up by Andreas, not only did he spend a considerable amount of time setting up the bike, he also spent a lot of time explaining what he was doing and why. He got me off to a good start.(I had never ridden a racing bike before and was seriously unfit) all this was taken into consideration!

I then decided to buy a new bike, I wanted a Scott and as JOC are not agents for Scott I had to get it from another shop. When I got the new bike it came with a computer based setup as part of the deal. Did that, not impressed. Took the bike to JOC, Andreas set me up again and made sure I was good on the bike. I got a free first service with the purchase, needless to say I will never claim that.

Edited by Rorymac