Roadies at time like these you have to ask.....

covie

his name is Mohamed Hassen a very promising young rider from JHB (from the Esmero club - rides with us in A bunch at a lot of the races )

he was riding really strong at the front of the B race - and was on track for his first argus sub 3 when he was taken out in that crash on the finishing straight - (someone went down in front of him) . his back rim snapped and he broke multiple spokes on the front wheel too.

a pity - cos il tell you there were loads of okes huffing n puffing trying to hang onto his wheel up those climbs. better luck next year bud.

Shame, i feel sorry for the guy :( All the best of luck for his upcoming races.

his name is Mohamed Hassen a very promising young rider from JHB (from the Esmero club - rides with us in A bunch at a lot of the races ) he was riding really strong at the front of the B race - and was on track for his first argus sub 3 when he was taken out in that crash on the finishing straight - (someone went down in front of him) . his back rim snapped and he broke multiple spokes on the front wheel too. a pity - cos il tell you there were loads of okes huffing n puffing trying to hang onto his wheel up those climbs. better luck next year bud.

Thanks for making sense to this picture and post.

Edited by Heckflosse

That crash was so stupid! It happened right in front of our bunch (I was around 6th wheel at the time) and I had to come to a complete stop in order to avoid it, 1km before the line. I'm still not sure exactly what happened, but I definitely remember narrowly missing the guy in the picture

That was 1 serious crash all the best with his future races,

There was comment about a being a non white cyclist- dude come on black or white we all just mere cyclist enjoying the sport

That was 1 serious crash all the best with his future races,

There was comment about a being a non white cyclist- dude come on black or white we all just mere cyclist enjoying the sport

Also saw him, he must have just missed the sub 3 as I saw im around 09:30 at finish and B started 6:30.

he ended up carrying his bike over the line at 3h01.

Should have run to the finish like Lakata

http://xxcmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Lakata.jpg