PPC Kremetart 2012

Kruiwa

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

noob question about the "Tog bag van (A tog bag van will transport your baggage to the end of the next stage)"

Am I right in assuming we'll have access to our tog bags on the van between the stages?

Of course, it's for your bottle refill mix, sun cream etc. and to put your jacket in after stage one.

See you all there tomorrow!

Packed and ready to go. Just hope the cold front will hold up for another day. Sunday is definitely going to be cold.

See you there.

Over and done ! Tell us about your Kremetart Experience

My best race so far, bettered last years time by 20 minutes dispite the wind.

Great food, better hospitality and organization that all others can learn from. Already booked my lodging for next year!

Way to go Kremetart!

did it. Lost my sence of humour with that wind. Was buggerred after stage 2. Said to the family I'll see where I get. jOINED the C group, kept up with them for 35, dropped of and finished the stage on my own. Same with stage 4. Still had the legs for the flats. goin up, I provd that you can stay upright at 5k per hour. Legs are a bit stiff and sore today. good race, excellent goody(foody) bag. Potjie was brilliant. Had to vulture last night.

did it. Lost my sence of humour with that wind. Was buggerred after stage 2. Said to the family I'll see where I get. jOINED the C group, kept up with them for 35, dropped of and finished the stage on my own. Same with stage 4. Still had the legs for the flats. goin up, I provd that you can stay upright at 5k per hour. Legs are a bit stiff and sore today. good race, excellent goody(foody) bag. Potjie was brilliant. Had to vulture last night.

Did you get to see JoLo?????

Awesome ride. Tough headwinds on stages 1 & 2. The tandem bunch was great except for one case of bad sportsmanship on stage 2. That and whoever allowed Jacques Fullard & Hansie Joubert to enter should bd shot! They hurt us baaaad... I cr@pped myself when they pitched up for stage 4 in one piece TT outfits!

Awesome ride. Tough headwinds on stages 1 & 2. The tandem bunch was great except for one case of bad sportsmanship on stage 2. That and whoever allowed Jacques Fullard & Hansie Joubert to enter should bd shot! They hurt us baaaad... I cr@pped myself when they pitched up for stage 4 in one piece TT outfits!

What happened with the tandems during stage 2? The case of bad sportsmanship you're referring to?

What happened with the tandems during stage 2? The case of bad sportsmanship you're referring to?

Was Amoryn daar?

Did you get to see JoLo?????

Caught sight of Cervelo in the beer tent - I was watching rugby by the door for a quick exit. He looked a bit cross, truth be told.

Come on Championchip wheres the results? Two years ago me Waterbottle and Scotty sat in Maxxis north of Polokwane on the N1 for Sunday morning brekkie and the results were up. Whats up - someone shoot your carrier pigeon?

Edited by Joe Low

Saw lots of bicycles being driven away after stage 2. How many people called it quits after the wind?

Nothing spectacular for me, but I am happy. Started coming down with a flu before the race and could see it in my elevated HR readings.

However on a more 'fun' note, really enjoyed going down the other side of the mountain on stage 1, especially the long straight drag with the wind from behind (measured about 82km/h). Wind blowing through the little 'klofies' yanking my front wheel around was a little disconcerting at 60+km/h though!

Stage 2 when I could not hang with the bunch I dropped back (mistake for the day) as it was more word going at 20km/h solo than 30 in the gutter!

The Race was Amazing!!!!!

My first and DEF. not my last....

You will see me there for as long as you have this Event...

That is such a lovley part of SA.....

The whole concept and the friendly people make this one my FAVOURITE race in South Africa!!!

A must do for any Cyclist!!!!

Wind Stage 2 :cursing: