World Cup 2012: Rd 1, Pietermaritzburg

Capricorn

I'm not sure if any Hubbers that were at The World Cup that noticed an exhibition stand selling bicycle tools, if so what was the brand name. I've tried looking at the official website and there is no info there about a list of exhibitors or stands which is pretty rubbish to say the least. I can't look at my program cause the missus took my copy.

Please Help

Just had a look and there wasn't a list of exhibitors in the program.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look and there wasn't a list of exhibitors in the program.

Doh, guess I wll have to call them tomorrow. Seems strange that they don't have a list of them, online at the very least. Did you see the stand I am enquiring about? The tools looked like they were very good quality and just wanted to find out some more.

Doh, guess I wll have to call them tomorrow. Seems strange that they don't have a list of them, online at the very least. Did you see the stand I am enquiring about? The tools looked like they were very good quality and just wanted to find out some more.

Sorry mate, never saw it. I arrived late and made my way straight up the mountain. After walking down during the runs, I had to leave early due to a prior commitment so I didn't have a chance to browse.

Try sending Clint from Powasol a PM. He had a stand there at the entrance so he might either know or he can speak to somebody to find out for you.

Sorry mate, never saw it. I arrived late and made my way straight up the mountain. After walking down during the runs, I had to leave early due to a prior commitment so I didn't have a chance to browse.

Try sending Clint from Powasol a PM. He had a stand there at the entrance so he might either know or he can speak to somebody to find out for you.

Just texted the organisers and they are called Unior Tools, They look very good quality :thumbup:

Just texted the organisers and they are called Unior Tools, They look very good quality :thumbup:

I saw that stand, and remembed that MBUK did a feature on the compnay about three or four issues ago. Apparently the company has a decent pedigree in terms of the tools it supplies for other industires.

I saw that stand, and remembed that MBUK did a feature on the compnay about three or four issues ago. Apparently the company has a decent pedigree in terms of the tools it supplies for other industires.

Yeah, they have been around in Europe since 1916 or something, have read good reviews on the tools, they rate them better then Park Tool and a bit more expensive.

Yeah, they have been around in Europe since 1916 or something, have read good reviews on the tools, they rate them better then Park Tool and a bit more expensive.

But do they make bar stools and braai tongs? :clap:

WOW!!!!!!!!!

What a week that was .... im still in awe of how well that went off!

Thanks to all of you who made the journey to come and watch.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

What a week that was .... im still in awe of how well that went off!

Thanks to all of you who made the journey to come and watch.

Awesome work, well done :clap: :thumbup: :clap: Can't wait for next year already. I was gonna come say howzit, but you were running around like a madman

I was gonna come say howzit, but you were running around like a madman

hahahaha ya thats an UNDERSTATEMENT! ... hahaha - walked the track on Sunday morning before practice to make sure everything was ok ... (just some broken tape problems), but then rolled down after practice before Finals and there was a HUGE hole in the berm before the Bombhole ... so had to fly back up and get it fixed.

Otherwise the track held up superbly .... was so stoked!

Well done on the superb course Nigel. A dream ending too. Are their just World Champs in August next year?

Are their just World Champs in August next year?

Yes ... if a venue hosts the World CHAMPS there is no world CUP round at that venue for that year.

So Roll on August 2013!

hahahaha ya thats an UNDERSTATEMENT!

ha ha we were chilling at cloud 9 waiting for the girls to come down - then we saw some mad dude (aka nigelhicks) stop at the top, have squizz, and then bomb down

hahahaha ... you should have shouted at me! I'd have stopped for a quick beer.

You gotta love trying to ride down a world cup course with a HUGE roll of tape and a 4 pound hammer in your rucksac and then having to hit most of the big lines as well.

hahaha

Congrats Nige: u did a fantastic job and changing a large percentage of rider perceptions about the track. Speaks volumes about your efforts. I reckon ZA is the benchmark track for world cup level fitness. If u can hack it here: you've got your fitness ready for the rest of the season.