SPRING CLASSICS 2012

'Dale

BMC was represented en masse over the last km.

Wonder whether they got a podium, at least....

Nope.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boonen claims another win.

Now stretching beyond his 100th win as a PRO - a mark reached earlier this season joining an elite club in the history of cycling.

Edited by danseuse

1 Tom Boonen (Bel) Omega Pharma-Quickstep

2 Oscar Freire (Spa) Katusha

3 Bernhard Eisel (Aut) Sky

4 Leonardo Duque (Col) Cofidis

5 Sep Vanmarcke (Bel) Garmin-Barracuda

6 John Degenkolb (Ger) Project 1t4i

7 Alexandre Pichot (Fra) Europcar

8 Alessandro Ballan (Ita) BMC

9 Sébastien Turgot (Fra) Europcar

10 Matti Breschel (Den) Rabobank

Boonen's fifth win in the race, having won it for four consecutive years between 2004-2007. Continues his great start to the season.

Too slow, 4/13. See post #50...

David Millar broke his collarbone :(

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/03/23/2/bettiniphoto_0104345_1_full_600.jpg

NEXT UP THIS WEEKEND:

Gent-Wevelgem 2012 will be the 74th staging of the race, which is renowned in cycling circles as the spring classic that best suits the sprinters. This is underlined by its fast and flat finish, but riders must also not underestimate the unpredictable weather conditions or the climbs in the early and middle sections of the race.

As with the Tour of Flanders, Belgian riders have dominated the history of the race. Defending champion Tom Boonen will be looking to make it to the start line healthy and launch a successful bid for a third title, having also won here in 2004. One of his main rivals could be world champion Mark Cavendish, who earlier in the year revealed to Cyclingnews that victory this race is one of two remaining targets that he set out to achieve at the start of his career. Cavendish’s Team Sky could hold plenty of aces on the day, with Bernie Eisel and Edvald Boasson Hagen also former winners.

Barredo from Rabobank out with broken wrist after Friday's E3.

After the race, Millar wrote on Twitter: “I broke my collarbone, now it’s decision time, to operate or not to operate?”

Things hotting up with tactical positioning in the bunch as Cav, Boonen, Gilbert all sitting tightly behind their domestiques.

30 kms out:

So we have two leaders, the Cancellara group, followed by a group that contains around 15 riders including Paolini, Brsschel, Boonen .Then the peloton that has Cavendish. No sign of where Goss and Greipel are.