Rear Suspension Noise - Please Help!

flymango

I replace the DU bushings on our trail bikes myself, bought this tool from Mtnbiker4life on Mtbr http://classifieds.m...t=72909&cat=500

and it works brilliant. I also ordered 10 extra bushings from him, so I think I am sorted for quite some time as far as bushings go.

My LBS wanted to send our RP23's to Cape Town (at my own courier cost) to replace the DU bushings, in the end I could buy the tool and 10 bushings for less than what my LBS quoted me to replace 4. I takes less than 5 minutes to replace it yourself.

Edited by Stephan

• 4 weeks later...

So I've replaced all the bearings in the system, save for two which I couldn't get with rubber seals but only with a stainless steel seal. At the bearing shop the person helping me said that rubber seals were a better product as they are more dust and water proof. Can I use the bearings with stainless steel seals, or should I wait to get the bearings with rubber seals?

The rubber seals are designed to work literally like a labyrinth, thereby layering the seal to prevent ingress. I could be mistaken, but metal uses a tight tolerance between the housing and the seal mechanism, this allows ingress on exposed parts through constant movement.

The rubber seals are designed to work literally like a labyrinth, thereby layering the seal to prevent ingress. I could be mistaken, but metal uses a tight tolerance between the housing and the seal mechanism, this allows ingress on exposed parts through constant movement.

:wacko: So in layman's terms for 10-thumb flymango get rubber seals?

No

• 3 weeks later...

I've (at least my LBS) now replaced all the bearings, except two, which I cannot seem to get hold of anywhere in Cape Town - 63800 FVRS. Can anybody tell me where I can get hold of these?