[Event] Gauteng #2 Provincial XCO Championships

Riding in Africa

Where do we find results etc?

When they are ready, they should be on www.rmbc.co.za and www.cgcycling.co.za

That race was a lot of fun - really hones the technical skills.

What a silly day. It took me 3 lap to get back into XCO riding - too much duathlon and marathon riding lately methinks. Turns out 29er wheels don't roll over everything if the rider is kaksleg :w00t:

By lap 4 I was feeling it but 1-3 I felt like a Fiat in a Formula 1 race....ai ai.

I really should make Fountains a regular riding venue - I keep forgetting how much fun the place is. Actually all of Groenkloof/Fountains - awesome for hiking, riding, picniccing, horse riding, 4x4ing. We are frikkin lucky to have a venue like that on our doorstep.

What a silly day. It took me 3 lap to get back into XCO riding - too much duathlon and marathon riding lately methinks. Turns out 29er wheels don't roll over everything if the rider is kaksleg :w00t:

By lap 4 I was feeling it but 1-3 I felt like a Fiat in a Formula 1 race....ai ai.

I really should make Fountains a regular riding venue - I keep forgetting how much fun the place is. Actually all of Groenkloof/Fountains - awesome for hiking, riding, picniccing, horse riding, 4x4ing. We are frikkin lucky to have a venue like that on our doorstep.

A word of caution. There a a LOT of holes in the fence, especially against the highway closest to the Fountains circle, leading to the drop-off that comes out behind the bathrooms.

Take a riding partner with you, and preferably also some OC spray attached to the handle bar or top tube.

The bush bordering the track is also overgrown, so escape routes are difficult.

Oc spray?? And what is the escape routes for?

OC spray as in Ocilium Capsicum, or pepper spray.

Once you have used the OC spray you preferably don't want to hang around and find out if there is anything you can do to relieve the (hopefully) discomfort you have caused to the person that was out to take possession you of your bike. Therefore the escape routes mentioned.