CWCycles vs BuyCycle

The Ghost

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having worked at Outdoorphoto where sending packages via courier/post office etc. was a daily occurance, I feel like I need to contribute here.

We had our fare share of f*ups where expensive photographic kit went missing/was late/was never picked up for delivery etc. so I can understand how CWC prefers charging basically a flat rate for delivery.

Yes it's a bit expensive for cheap items but on the whole:

- The time it takes to deliver is guaranteed.

- A trustworthy courier is used that means items should not be lost/stolen/broken.

- You know what stuff will cost. Price + delivery flat rate.

- There is a daily scheduled pick-up of parcels. Ensures parcels are sent the same day orders are placed.

- Items are properly trackable online/telephonically

- It's convenient for most not having to stand in line at SAPO.

- Employees can focus on site maintanence and customer service, not queing at SAPO.

- Less admin so things run smoother. A single courier service is easier to run effectively versus different couriers and SAPO.

I'm sure there are many more positives but to me these make sense.

Look at it from CWC's side. They want to keep us happy.

Now if they send via SAPO so you can save money and be happy, but the tube you ordered takes a week to arrive and it has a hole in it, you have trouble tracking it and the people are rude to you at SAPO after you stood in a que for half an hour then your whole saving money happy experience goes out the door and you are immediately the moer in and CWC loses a customer.

Now if you were to pay more but you have the tube on your office desk at 10am the next morning, in perfect condition, hand delivered by a friendly courier, I feel both you and CWC (or any other online shop) would be happy and it should offset the initial grumpyness of paying more for shipping. It's a Win-win.

My 2c anyway.

Someone also complained about CWC now "giving bad service" as Chris Jnr's girl now works there and gives him normal prices when he phones. I don't see how not getting a discount based on a personal relationship constitutes bad service ?