KZN DH "Introduction" Days - for DH newbies

nigelhicks

Would be keen,do small jumps,have not any clue at all about drop offs,count me in.

Have my morewood mbuzi ,like riding uphill as well though.

Have no protective gear for the real rough stuff.Maybe the course could be in two stages,to cater for all?

The first session maybe just basic protective gear needed,such as we all have?

Good way to get a beginners group together.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chatted to Nigel and indicated that the event date would be on 22 April 2012.

OK awesome, where do we sign-up/ pay and where are you going to be having it?

Cascades as far as I am aware... Would like to know how much as well. I think the idea is to cap it at 12 people so that it doesn't get ridiculous. There are three instructors including Nigel. That would be 4 people per instructor which is manageable. You don't really want a have to control a herd.

Who know, if this is successful, you could have another skills clinic along the lines of Amy and co. Might be a beer money spinner for Nige and co!

Just so that this is on the record, I'm in.

Nigel said it would be around R100-00 per person. At this stage the venue will most probably be at Comleys (very close to Cascades) as it is a really good course to learn on, no hectic jumps and the shuttles will be much quicker - giving more riding time.

12 people is the maximum we will take. Nigel, Travis Browning and Kelvin Purchase will be helping with the coaching ( 4 riders per coach.

I do speak under correction with regards to the venue, Nigel will have to confirm.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Nigel said it would be around R100-00 per person. At this stage the venue will most probably be at Comleys (very close to Cascades) as it is a really good course to learn on, no hectic jumps and the shuttles will be much quicker - giving more riding time.

12 people is the maximum we will take. Nigel, Travis Browning and Kelvin Purchase will be helping with the coaching ( 4 riders per coach.

I do speak under correction with regards to the venue, Nigel will have to confirm.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Likewise :thumbup: R100 seems a bargain. Can I pay twice and have twice the amount of turns :whistling:

hahaha ... ya the track will either be Ricos or Comelys (they both in the same spot) ...

I will chat to Lawrence this weekend and you will be notified by PM here when and how and who etc once we have got it all sorted. as Lawrence said it will be 12 riders and has been on a first-come first serve basis. If you dont get a PM dont worry I will PM you at a later stage to maybe organise another one so that you can join in.

PLEASE REMEMBER ... this is NOT a clinic along the lines of Amy's course - its just a day that you get to try out DH on a proper DH bike, get shuttled up the hills and have the "pros" give you some pointers while you ride.

What im personally trying to do is introduce new guys to DH and maybe to ultimately coax some of you into buying a DH rig of your own and then coming and entering our local races once you see that its easy and you can go at your own pace and develop your skill.

Will PM you all next week once stuff finalised

PS - the money we get from the event will go to cover fuel costs for the riders who have loaned their bakkies for the shuttle day - and the remainder (if any) will go into our KZN DH kitty which we have for trail-building so that we can use it to hire labour to open new fun tracks for us to ride.

yeah i got it ... OK THE DAY IS FULL ... if you got a PM then you are in. See you on the 22nd.

If you didnt get a PM but are still keen i will see what i can do to host another one soon for you.

yeah i got it ... OK THE DAY IS FULL ... if you got a PM then you are in. See you on the 22nd.

If you didnt get a PM but are still keen i will see what i can do to host another one soon for you.

OK cool I'm in, Wooo Hoooo :clap: Super excited now, should be a cracking day, and I don't mean bones.

OK cool I'm in, Wooo Hoooo :clap: Super excited now, should be a cracking day, and I don't mean bones.

Me too!! Time to find out if I still bounce at 40... Unlikely though. Never too old to try new thing though!