What to drink while riding??

Cyclenatic

I dont give a crap some mtb dude fronting as a roadie I guess and @davidgeorge tried to slipstream his teamie in the epic cause he was just trying to hang on to a real mtbiker and then hit the tip of a bushmen spear rock and ended their epic dream.

Ah ,I get it, you are awesome because your first ever bike was a mountain bike, I get it, I really do tough guy :thumbup:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP what my learned collegues are trying to convey is this.

Energy drinks are weird what works for some doesnt work for others, youll have to try them and see which one works best for you personally.

I personally prefer Hammer, because its a mix of complex natural carbs, and its not very sweet. The longer you ride the sweeter your drink gets for some reason.

32gi works great for some doesnt work at all for others basically becuase to use 32gi if you cant take in any other kind of sugar i.e. sugar in your coffee before you ride, no sugar in your serial, and no glass of coke at the water point. If you do it renders the stuff useless.

Now that i have bought a new bike and is a poor again, im using evox, but only for a pre ride drink, while i ride i only use water, but long distance races ill still use hammer perpetium (unflavoured) doesnt taste like much but works like a charm.

All true covie , 32gi works for me though.

Hammer i'll try too...

Ah ,I get it, you are awesome because your first ever bike was a mountain bike, I get it, I really do tough guy :thumbup:

Not only was my 1st bike a mountain bike, it was also the 1st mountain bike to land on African soil.

Not only was my 1st bike a mountain bike, it was also the 1st mountain bike to land on African soil.

Year ?

Year ?

I think it was about 86. I remember people always asked about the sloped top tube.

Edited by Berg Bok

I think it was about 86.

I think it was about 86.

Ok Im invoking official thread anti-hijack rights here :offtopic:

http://www.ride-out.com/discus/messages/173/371261.jpg

You still have it?

You still have it?

No man it was before the bomber we talkin MOUNTAIN BIKE here can you tell the difference the bomber is a pavement cruiser.

My first bike was a little BMX with training wheels.....

Mmmmm,let's just assume it was, so where does this leave us ?

It leaves us with Enduren as the energy drink to use.

No man it was before the bomber we talkin MOUNTAIN BIKE here can you tell the difference the bomber is a pavement cruiser.

Well what bike was it then ?

Blah blah blah.

All I heard was mid eighties, and I'd do lance for an original Bomber...

It's like when your goose goes off at you, and all you heard was, blah blah blah, here's your sammich.

Edited by TNT1

I think it's Froome.

I think it's Wrooome... like the sound I make when I go down the hill on my All-Mountain beast @ 55km/h (not the 87km/h your mates do)... but I go Wroooooom Whrrrrooooom Whrroooommmmm

You still have it?

The "giant 26" wheels", lol.