Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

For those who have done it before, would u suggest doing it on a 26fs or 29ht?

How bumpy is the majority of the tracks, or are they smooth like Sani2c with just a few technical sections?

way more technical than sani..... and gravely thornveld.....fs if i were you.....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of interest who is doing what....we are doing the new Great trek which i have been told is going to be quite smallish field and lekker chilled....

As a matter of interest who is doing what....we are doing the new Great trek which i have been told is going to be quite smallish field and lekker chilled....

We are also doing the Great Trek. This time in 2 weeks, we will be on our flight to Durbs.

BTW, decided i'm taking the HT. Rode my FS yesterday for the first time in 2 months and I'm so much slower up the hills. Not just because its a FS, I've got more grippy tyres as well.

We are also doing the Great Trek. This time in 2 weeks, we will be on our flight to Durbs.

BTW, decided i'm taking the HT. Rode my FS yesterday for the first time in 2 months and I'm so much slower up the hills. Not just because its a FS, I've got more grippy tyres as well.

ok well we will see you guys there ratty

some video to motivate you guys....remeber also..it gets *** hot up there at this time of year....i think I am going to bring my camelbak as a backup

Watching the video makes me wish i had not given up my entry and that i was out on those trails.

Watching the video makes me wish i had not given up my entry and that i was out on those trails.

some wicked looking track there...gonna be fun.........

Yep, me too as of yesterday. Stoked...

I won't be riding the Nishiki Performance Design this time through the Garden of Eden tho, thank God.

I'm also looking forward to riding that trail with disc brakes, front suspension and a few gears.

Wow, that video is incredible, really excited now.

Stretch, when you say hot, are you talking 30's or 40+?

Stretch, when you say hot, are you talking 30's or 40+?

a hot day will easily reach mid 30's to 40 degC.....not saying it will necessarily be like that but come prepared in case we have a hot day....

a hot day will easily reach mid 30's to 40 degC.....not saying it will necessarily be like that but come prepared in case we have a hot day....

Morning All

Let me introduce myself 1st. I'm Hennie and have been actively reading/following the Hub for a long time.

I'll be doing my 1st Berg & Bush next week and cannot wait. Not sure what to expect and if I'm ready or not, but bring it on.

I had a quick look at the weather forcast and it is predicting rain for all 3 days :eek:

Morning All

Let me introduce myself 1st. I'm Hennie and have been actively reading/following the Hub for a long time.

I'll be doing my 1st Berg & Bush next week and cannot wait. Not sure what to expect and if I'm ready or not, but bring it on.

I had a quick look at the weather forcast and it is predicting rain for all 3 days :eek:

Think its a bit too early to be looking at the weather report. What is the main area we are riding in i.e what region do we select when looking at the weather report?