Towing kids

doris

Hey Dads :) well I see mainly dads doing it - um no actually only seen dads doing :P

Riding with a kid's bike bolted on the back - what are those thingies called for the kids - thoughts - feedback anyone ? from what age can you do

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy did the Argus with his daughter on one of these a few years back so I guess they are safe enough. Thinking of getting one and they are between R2-R3K now.Know as a "half-bike"

Ive got one. (Actually looking at the link - I dont, I just have the one that mounts onto your bike)

Its made my Giant.

Used it a couple of times with my son (3 years old now)

Took him to Meerendal the other day and he loved it. He started moaning a bit when I was going faster though as he was getting a bit of a beating on the back of my hardtail.

Quite a thing to get used to though. Having all that extra weight does throw off your centre of gravity.

Starting and clipping in also becomes slightly interesting.

But otherwise it is pretty cool.

Edited by Woofie

do yourself a favour and get yourself a wee ride. I had the giant one that is at the back and both my son and i hated it. i got the wee ride and he loves it. i can also interact with him alot more.

do yourself a favour and get yourself a wee ride. I had the giant one that is at the back and both my son and i hated it. i got the wee ride and he loves it. i can also interact with him alot more.

Why did you guys hate it so much?

I'll take it if its free.

See them (Trailers and hitcha bikes) all the time here, on and off road. People use them to go shopping, bikahiking, carry the dog or groceries, kids, etc...obvisiouly not meant for serious technical offroad stuff.

Edited by SwissVan