Shimano 105 rear derailleur sticky

UvRooyen

I cant believe you publicly admitted to having Shimano on a Pinarello.... no wonder I could keep up with my little mountainbike!

I can't believe you publicly admit to 'cycling' with UvRooyen... I mean Shimano on a Pinarello?? Seriously?!!

Ahi the noobs always getting the back end of a conversation ... guess a 100 years is up!

Let us try and put this dumb "An Italian frame must have an Italian groupset" to rest, once and for all. I say try because a 100 years from now, some tjop will see a photo and comment "oooooh, you must have an Italian groupset on an Italian frame!" SAYS FREEKING WHO????

Back in the fifties, this dumb statement might have carried some merit, simply because when you bought an Italian frame in Italy, you had no other choice but Campy. The Japs or anyone else for that matter, haven't yet infiltrated the rest of the world with their exports at that stage.

The story probably goes something like this. Many moons ago, a stupid Yank went over to enjoy the Mediterranean climate, fine cuisine and olive tanned lasses that this part of the world has to offer. While there, he fell in love with the sexy and curvacious styling that only the Italians had on offer. He decided to purchase a bicycle frame, as a reminder of his experience to this beautiful part of the world. In the bike shop, the friendly Italian owner said in his best broken English "We put Campagnolo, yes?" Simply because he had nothing else to offer.

Once back in US of A, the Yank quickly spread the word that the Italian bike shop owner told him expressively that Italian frames must only have Italian groupsets installed on them or the frame will break, the warranty will be void and your balls will fall off! Somewhat lost in translation ... and the rest of the world believed him!

While I was busy installing my Non-Italian groupset, I expected that an Italian man called Mario, dressed in a Debonairs suit was going to knock on my door any minute and say to me "No, No, No, you put Campy yes?" He would then proceeded to tell me that I have broken criminal laws on 7 different continents, left me with a brand new Super Campy Record groupset and a pizza, and disappear!

Well that did not happen, I wake up every morning with my frame, free will and balls still in tact!

I bought it, I own it, I ride it, I put whatever the hell I like on it and the rest of you can lick my chain tongue.gif

Ahi the noobs always getting the back end of a conversation ... guess a 100 years is up!

Chill dude... was just giving my friend a bit of grief... ;), and in turn got a bit of grief from another mate... :thumbup:

Personally I have no issues with running any groupset on any bike - its all much of a muchness and down to taste and/or what you can afford...

Now... did you just admit to having non Campy on an italian frame??? :eek: :lol: :lol:

:D To true!

My knowledge of the different groupsets and brands etc is almost nothing! Just have to gave my mates a bit of 'gears' publicly! :P

Although I could not agree more personally with when you say "I bought it, I own it, I ride it, I put whatever the hell I like on it and the rest of you can lick my chain tongue.gif "

Except I know I have Shimano with SRAM jockey wheels.... :whistling: