[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

Slightly off topic, is the guy who rode the Orange On-One SS on the Hub?

Looked out for you at the finish.....well mabey you finished before me mellow.png

if it's the same person I'm thinking of, he came in round 3:57

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a bloke on a orange on-ss that came in late, his freewheel packed up and he walked the last couple of km I think, what a legend...as we saw the green no board, jcmeyerss ran over with an ice cold castle light, which he promptly inhaled....legend

Reading all the comments on this thread has made me realize that I was not the only one who suffered through lots of the first half of the route. makes me even more proud of that medal. Definitely the one that I worked the hardest for and look forward to the next one to see how my skills have improved. The nicest feeling is the sense of accomplishment afterwards. NOTHING can beat that high. For me it was not about the fastest time. But to finish. HUGE respect to the guys out there on the SS... wow. That's hard work!!

PS - Def gonna grab the VG lanyard at Hakahana to complete my collection to!

Does anyone know how the route @ Hakahana will compare to this one?

I dont want to tell Tim and the blokes what to do. But I see Hakahana has increased the number of entries to 2500.

I just think to continue the good vibe they received after this race they might want to reconsider.

But on the hind side ive just entered. Hell yeah'!!!

Edited by Meentb

Reading all the comments on this thread has made me realize that I was not the only one who suffered through lots of the first half of the route. makes me even more proud of that medal. Definitely the one that I worked the hardest for and look forward to the next one to see how my skills have improved. The nicest feeling is the sense of accomplishment afterwards. NOTHING can beat that high. For me it was not about the fastest time. But to finish. HUGE respect to the guys out there on the SS... wow. That's hard work!!

PS - Def gonna grab the VG lanyard at Hakahana to complete my collection to!

Does anyone know how the route @ Hakahana will compare to this one?

It was a tough race and everyone suffered incl the sharp end, it's how you deal with it imo, and your attitude is right...moenie moan nie just enjoy it, take in the vibe, stay for a beer or ten and have a good time. Hakakakakanamanana is virgin territory...we will be the first to pop the tjerrie....boom

It was a tough race and everyone suffered incl the sharp end, it's how you deal with it imo, and your attitude is right...moenie moan nie just enjoy it, take in the vibe, stay for a beer or ten and have a good time. Hakakakakanamanana is virgin territory...we will be the first to pop the tjerrie....boom

Think I MIGHT just join for that famous JAEGIE- BOMB post ride drink ! Looking forward to it... one last Breedts ride this weekend then ready to collect medal no 5. My enthusiasm for this sport knows no boundaries and maybe its bad thing - if everyone else can, then so can I -albeit a bit slower! http://1.1.1.3/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

See you all @ Hakahana - thanks for all the tips!

Time to change from 32x18 to 32x16 at least. I think my legs are still spinning from sat.....

Edited by Swift01

Time to change from 32x18 to 32x16 at least. I think my legs are still spinning from sat.....

Going for the win there Gords?

There was a bloke on a orange on-ss that came in late, his freewheel packed up and he walked the last couple of km I think, what a legend...as we saw the green no board, jcmeyerss ran over with an ice cold castle light, which he promptly inhaled....legend

Yup, that was Louw. He walked the last like 5-10km! Give that man a Bells!

Ha Ha no, I just don't want to spin so much. I think my garmin got close to 14k pedal strokes for the VG race. Beat my last record of 12k

Yeah looks like Louw's rear shimano hub started getting so much play that the brake disk started binding on the pads. But man that first beer went down fast clap.gif

Great race ,just to pipe who flew in out bush and crush at river crossing almost took us waiting there and then still jump the que and when i complain he gave as that he had 3 puncture and all other crap .

Had good race till end few km on downhill there i go and still thinking to slow down(got trips to feed) when i find my self on the ground( all fine little sore on shoulder).

Thank you Eric for stopping to see if i am OK.

Also been great to talking to Coenie even you almost took me on that left turn clap.gif

Finished 4,07 .maybe they should put water table at church? thumbup1.gif

Great race ,just to pipe who flew in out bush and crush at river crossing almost took us waiting there and then still jump the que and when i complain he gave as that he had 3 puncture and all other crap .

Had good race till end few km on downhill there i go and still thinking to slow down(got trips to feed) when i find my self on the ground( all fine little sore on shoulder).

Thank you Eric for stopping to see if i am OK.

Also been great to talking to Coenie even you almost took me on that left turn clap.gif

Finished 4,07 .maybe they should put water table at church? thumbup1.gif

I haven't a clue what you just said.....

OK - so saturday's poor performance was also due to the following that I just found out when I took the bike in:

1. Front shock moeg - needs to go to Fox

2. Chain stretched wayyyy past its due date

3. Rear wheel doesn't free-spin more than 2 rotations.

nice.