• VPP
    • FSR also knowen as horst link
    • Single Pivot
    • Split Pivot
    • FSR with the Spez Brain
    • Assited Single pivot
    • ABP
    • DW link

PoS, the Equilink is a very good example. When it was first launched it was a good few steps ahead of a couple of other established designs. But the system offered very little upgrade potential. Not sure if you watch F1, but it's a bit like Renault's forward facing exhausts last year. Offered immediate advantages but upgrade potential was limited and for that reason they got caught and passed in the development race.

Felt's been battling to adapt the design for XC use (too heavy) and AM (not plush enough) for years now. Great for trail riding though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but the disclaimer is needed.. you know. Good bikes, for their intended use..

I am very surprised ABP is still in the starting blocks. With all the enthusiasm of a Split Pivot Morewood *still* coming out, you'd think ABP would garner some votes.. being the same system n all!

Yeah, surprised as well.

So, to add (hopefully) one last thing. I have long since moved on from doing rides and tests to try and determine which one is faster. Now I ride 'em to gain knowledge and experience and to better understand the technical side of bike design. I realized this while testing cloves for a local distributor. Some gear really is bad or over-priced. And obviously so. But for the most part there are only subtle differences between models and brands and then all it boils down to is the brand you or I like or prefer, value for money and look.

Very excited about the 29er test. That, if all works out like we hope to, will give you guys some insight on what goes on behind the scenes at such a test and will also (again, hopefully) demyth half the "facts" surrounding big wheel bikes.

I should maybe spend half that time I test stuff working on my actual riding skill! :blink:

Edited by The Crow