Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

there is no need for attitude, always be polite when you want to pass.

+many.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you and everyone else thats had a go at the OP, but, and its the big but, even that person in HH group that still wants to race and has an expectation to possibly do so without a problem trying to pass a noobie because a slight bump or divit in the road made them get off.

Its a race, learn before you enter, if not then ride the shorter, easier, less technical races. If this was any other race in another disipline would you behave the same, do I enter a bodyboarding/ surfing contest without knowing how to swim?

i get what your trying to say, but hey for 50% of the field they enter to see if they can finish the race not win it. They are a bunch of peeps challenging themselves. And thats why the message i am trying to get accross here is simple, if your doing it for fun or just to finish you will have a crap seeding at the back. if your a decent biker you will get seeded somewhere in the middle and if your good you will have an A or B seeding. So if traffic is an issue for you get your seeding up.

Also whats good for the goose, I bet the OP got held up on the ST but probably got his arse kicked by the same person going uphill after the ST. being a good mtber your not just good on the technical stuff. And if the OP was good enough on the hills the downs and the flats, he would have been able to drop the noobs like yesterdays newspaper and would have been able to catchup with the middle groups who can ride ST ... mostly :P

What would all the roadies say if suddenly a bunch of noobies started riding all the big events, getting in the way, not holding their lines, sucking wheels, blah blah blah fishpaste. Getting in the way of Mr Cyclelab Pinerello kitted out in his ASG with campy tubbies, all hell would break lose. **** someone may even mention that he was wearing underpants and was the one that got in the way and that was a problem, not the right jocks to take that line and not pull the group.

What would all the roadies say if suddenly a bunch of noobies started riding all the big events, getting in the way, not holding their lines, sucking wheels, blah blah blah fishpaste.

Um, they do already. have you seen the number of riders in the argust, or 947, or even the "small" funrides? Make your silly off road rides look puny.

+many.

I'm with you guys on this, I wait so long being polite it eventually frustrates myself, if someone wants to overtake go right ahead. "mi casa su casa"

What would all the roadies say if suddenly a bunch of noobies started riding all the big events, getting in the way, not holding their lines, sucking wheels, blah blah blah fishpaste. Getting in the way of Mr Cyclelab Pinerello kitted out in his ASG with campy tubbies, all hell would break lose. **** someone may even mention that he was wearing underpants and was the one that got in the way and that was a problem, not the right jocks to take that line and not pull the group.

I can see that happening, bunch of noobs seeded with the a bunch upsetting all those sub three goals...

Nah, silly.

If you want to pass me, you'd better expect to WORK for it.... Might not run wide in the corners like in F1 but I'm not going to disappear into thin air for some come-from-behind doggy style wannabe racer! :angry:

I promise I wont ever pass without prior warning, and I promise to never beat a fellow dirtroadiemtberwannaberacerimaprodontfuckwithmwtfu

, ever, period.

No reason to imply attitude. However, people being ahead of a "racer" are still ahead of him/her irrespective if his/her view of them or their place on the stairway to MTBing heaven. The rider ahead has track, and that is it. If you do not like what the rider ahead of you are doing you really only have two options: Overtake, or fall back.

If you feel like it, and think the rider ahead of you will oblige, ask to pass. Note that this should be done without expectation, just gratefulness if it happens.

Remember, the rider ahead of you is ahead of you, so up to the point where you want to overtake him/her they've been handling the obstacles of the course (natural & people) BETTER than you. So, show respect to them.

No reason to imply attitude. However, people being ahead of a "racer" are still ahead of him/her irrespective if his/her view of them or their place on the stairway to MTBing heaven. The rider ahead has track, and that is it. If you do not like what the rider ahead of you are doing you really only have two options: Overtake, or fall back.

If you feel like it, and think the rider ahead of you will oblige, ask to pass. Note that this should be done without expectation, just gratefulness if it happens.

Remember, the rider ahead of you is ahead of you, so up to the point where you want to overtake him/her they've been handling the obstacles of the course (natural & people) BETTER than you. So, show respect to them.

+Many Many

I promise, no attitude at yourself or anyone else was implied. I agree to show respect for the person ahead of you, at the same time that same respect must be applied for the person behind you.

If its a race or a training ride I will never, ever force someone off a trail because I want to get past them, I always wait for the right time, or call enough times that they know that eventually I would like to get past.

Gosh 12 pages of snot and blow ... it's simple, just be mindful and respect the right of each other.

If you come up behind another rider on a technical/singletrack section, politely and calmly say 'track when you can' and wait, be prepared to possibly wait until the trail opens up again.

If you're the slower person, don't be arrogant about being in front, acknowledge the person behind you and pull over when safe. Even if it means slowing down for 1 or 2 seconds for the faster rider.

If someone is walking a line, warn them you're approaching and be prepared to possibly go off route.

If you're walking a line, don't hold up a number of other riders who aren't and don't impede them. From a safety point of view and consideration.

Of course the above doesn't happen, because people get stuck in their own world, me me me stuff you....

You see I don't think he differentiating between the two...to quote the man..."bottlenecks" in his first post = congestion as described in my earlier posts...but anyway

Solution stays...get a better seeding if you want to race or chill out with the people midpack.

Nope not buying the shite you're selling here. Solution stays that you don't walk in the middle of the line. You walk to the side of the course. Smiling faces everywhere then.

That is all.

Nope not buying the shite you're selling here. Solution stays that you don't walk in the middle of the line. You walk to the side of the course. Smiling faces everywhere then.

That is all.

Good luck with that...let us know how it works out for you :whistling: Remember to shout "track" when you get to congestion points, I need to know which wheels to put my mini pump through

What would go along way to helping is the organizers giving out a little pamphlet explaining racing ettiquete, i.e. when you get off your bike try and avoid the walking on the racing line, if someone shouts track acknowledge that you will pull over at the next safe available opportunity. When passing indicate to the person in front which direction your passing. And dont just sneak up on people etc.

Most people that dont race often are just clueless to these things, and some even think you are rude if you politly ask for track. The other half, once they realize your behind them actually appologize for being slow and some even pull over and dismount so you can pass. Its not all doom and gloom. But once again if your stuck behind someone be polite, ask nicely, and if they oblige say thanks. It doesnt cost a thing. And mostly just enjoy the ride, take the good with the bad, nail it on the clear sections make friends on the congested sections.

That is all.

Sadly for most people this is not a solution at all, their attitude is that they payed to be there as much as anyone else so they can do whatever they want.

Same as the tjop hogging the fast lane on the highway because he is doing the "speed limit" when he should acuallt be keeping left and passing right.

What would go along way to helping is the organizers giving out a little pamphlet explaining racing ettiquete, i.e. when you get off your bike try and avoid the walking on the racing line, if someone shouts track acknowledge that you will pull over at the next safe available opportunity. When passing indicate to the person in front which direction your passing. And dont just sneak up on people etc. Most people that dont race often are just clueless to these things, and some even think you are rude if you politly ask for track. The other half, once they realize your behind them actually appologize for being slow and some even pull over and dismount so you can pass. Its not all doom and gloom. But once again if your stuck behind someone be polite, ask nicely, and if they oblige say thanks. It doesnt cost a thing. And mostly just enjoy the ride, take the good with the bad, nail it on the clear sections make friends on the congested sections.

Why stop there?

How about: helmet installation instructions, bicycle operations (balance on two wheels), how to use your pump, apply patches, minor technical techniques, when to take your goos, what to do with your used sachets, how often to drink water/energy drink, etc etc etc ?

Really not the organiser's responsibility!

Why stop there?

How about: helmet installation instructions, bicycle operations (balance on two wheels), how to use your pump, apply patches, minor technical techniques, when to take your goos, what to do with your used sachets, how often to drink water/energy drink, etc etc etc ?

Really not the organiser's responsibility!

Yes it actually is, ever done a stage race? ever sat in a race briefing? They explain the rules the signage, etc, And they do this every race for seasoned riders. They can do the same for these one off races. Hell most of them are PPA organized. If you read my previous posts Heman you will see that I understand congestion and I have no issue with it. And I am of the opinion if you dont like it improve your seeding.

However, that said. if people get educated in racing conduct from the start it will go a long way to improve relations between various groups of riders. Like i said most poeple are not obtuse they are just clueless. Give them a flyer, your not gaurunteed they wil read it but if they do they will understand that if you are not fit enough to cycle up the hill dont impede the cyclists that can cycle up that hill.