Stage race for foreigners

anthemic

Imana wild ride,

Without doubt the best experience for a foreigner.

Get to ride on the beach, sea the beautiful and rural eastern cape, and get to contribute to the building of classrooms for poor schools

and surely one of the most impossible races to get an entry for? Only 15 spots for people who haven't done it before. Would love to do it but not spending 20 years on that waiting list... :cursing:

After Sani is the best ride I've done, actually prefer Wild ride to Sani, but entries are impossible to come by. I even let the organisers know that if there was an open spot, they could phone me the night before and I'd do it, but only got in when my turn on the waiting list was open, I think the waiting list moves a bit faster now, after the 10th Wild Ride, a lot of the regulars decided that that was that, and so you'll get more people doing bucket list entries now.

Joberg2c, absolutely no doubt, takes in Sani and Berg& Bush and is organized by some of the industries best + some of the most spectacular trails SA has to offer

Also consider the seasons & weather. SA has very disparate weather wise (and otherwise)

Epic is in March which can be very hot and dry there, hectic & hardcore to say the least, fine if you are up to that experience. And expensive.

Jhb2C is May, end of the wet season up here, but can get cold & wet, generally mild & dry. KZN Coast will be mild / enjoyable and the sea swimmable. Skirting around the 'Berg... unforgettable, weather permitting. Also coming to this part of SA will bring you closer to decent game parks.

Cape Pioneer is Oct which can be a stunning time in the Cape Colony - end of their wet season, spring, fresh, weather can be great but can get cold if a cold front pulls in (as they do). Also you might look at the Hogsback (in the Eastern Cape) 3 day stage event in early November after that, that I can highly recommend, that will take a drive up but a great journey.

Edited by kosmonooit