702 this morning about cycling vs motorists

Garfield2010

hhhhmmm this might be a problem "all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times" especially with some of the crazy guys I ride with

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hhhhmmm this might be a problem "all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times" e

For me too. Especially since I started riding on the pavement.

The real issue: we are not a law-abiding nation, nor are we even slightly tolerant. The same motorist that flips off the cyclist will jump a red light. or do 90 in a 60 zone. But it still doesn't actually give us the right as cyclists to ride next to each other, which is, sadly, illegal.

It's illegal? I did not know that :(

but what happens when a car is cruising at 30km/h on the road, essentially blocking it?

It's illegal? I did not know that :(

Read The Thread.

Post #60

(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not overtake another vehicle at the same time.

Oops sorry then, use some "tongue in cheek" emoticon so we know you're not serious. Apologies once again.

Apology accepted gladly. Don't like making enemies here on the hub. :oops:

What is the togue in cheek emoticon. Is it this one :blush: ? Or maybe I should have use this one :ph34r: .

Sometimes we as humans take life too seriously. It can be over so quickly. I just went to pay my club fees in Gordons Bay where I paddle my surfski, and heard that a 20 year old surfer/body boarder was ripped apart by a shark just around the point at that popular surfing spot.

Edited by Moridin