Add me....Add me!

I'm going for 3 months! Yeeeha! :clap:

Whaat? When you going?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja my bike (white Makulu) and 2 other mates bikes were in there last week. Devinci Wilson and a Candy Red Makulu.

I was in the shop while Devon was working on your bike . nice bike BTW :thumbup:

aaahhhh the Devinci with the Brit flag sticker was also a lovely looking bike, but the white MK is nicer!

Guest Omega Man

aaahhhh the Devinci with the Brit flag sticker was also a lovely looking bike, but the white MK is nicer!

Haha. Thanks man. Devon did great (if a little pricey) work. I've put a Fox RC4 on there and a Joplin (Specially for the trip) on there. The bike feels brand new and doesn't sound like a bag of spanners rolling down the stairs anymore. It's a bit porkey at 19.5kg but goes super well.

The Devinci belongs to Dan Saunders. The little bastard is 16. He rides super smooth and *** fast.

The Red Makulu has an interesting history. The frame used to be Nathan Rennie's backup frame from when he rode for the Kenda Morewood team.

Haha. Thanks man. Devon did great (if a little pricey) work. I've put a Fox RC4 on there and a Joplin (Specially for the trip) on there. The bike feels brand new and doesn't sound like a bag of spanners rolling down the stairs anymore. It's a bit porkey at 19.5kg but goes super well.

The Devinci belongs to Dan Saunders. The little bastard is 16. He rides super smooth and *** fast.

The Red Makulu has an interesting history. The frame used to be Nathan Rennie's backup frame from when he rode for the Kenda Morewood team.

This trip sounds like it will be rather entertaining

Guest Omega Man

This trip sounds like it will be rather entertaining

Ja. I reckon we are gonna have a blast. We are staying in the same place we did last year. Hell. I'm sleeping in the same bed (Sleeper couch) as last year.

the PDS is the biggest mountain biking area in the world so lots of variety. I'd recommend the trip to any mountain biker irrespective of discipline/orientation and skill level.

Ja. I reckon we are gonna have a blast. We are staying in the same place we did last year. Hell. I'm sleeping in the same bed (Sleeper couch) as last year.

the PDS is the biggest mountain biking area in the world so lots of variety. I'd recommend the trip to any mountain biker irrespective of discipline/orientation and skill level.

If you're staying in La Gentiane 1, please don't wet the bed!

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

For the roadies it might be even better.

The top of the Col du Columbiere is 55km away.

Col Del la du Vuerte is 10km away.

The 2010 TDF had a stage finish at Avoriaz. That's 12km of twisting alpine tarmac from Morzine to the top.

The top of the Col de Jox Plane is 25km from the centre of Morzine. In fact the back side of the climb is the road into Morzine. A great road in itself.

In fact. I think it's heaven on earth for cyclists. All cyclists. Roadies, XC riders, Downhillers. It's all there.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

If you're staying in La Gentiane 1, please don't wet the bed!

I'll see what I can do. haha. We aren't staying in that unit. You better hang a saffa flag over the balcony.

I'll see what I can do. haha. We aren't staying in that unit. You better hang a saffa flag over the balcony.

our accents will have us hated plenty... a flag may just have us run out of town! Although your mate with the british flag on his devinci is at higher risk... especially if he has to make a trip to the LBS.

We may have a german (Hog) lodging ith us for a few days. He'll show us how to sort those frenchies out!

Guest Omega Man

our accents will have us hated plenty... a flag may just have us run out of town! Although your mate with the british flag on his devinci is at higher risk... especially if he has to make a trip to the LBS.

We may have a german (Hog) lodging ith us for a few days. He'll show us how to sort those frenchies out!

Nah dude. There's probly more brits in Morzine than French people. Torico and the GT shop (Alpine Sports) are both run by brits. And they know we pay their salaries so they are not that rude. Just practice the following phrase.

Je ne parle pas le Francais. (Pointing at self) Afrique de Sud. Pah lez vous Anglaise?

Edited by Omega Man

And what would one say if they pass by a French rider?

Like this PDS local

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/403493_3964811916011_1583947532_n.jpg

Guest Omega Man

And what would one say if they pass by a French rider?

Like this PDS local

Just ride. You will hardly EVER get passed and you won't be passing many riders. I'm not fast and i never got passed once on the trail. I did get passed while crying with sore hands next to the trail tho. Also. Don't assume that a dude with the latest color coded kit and bike is a pinner. There's loads of pit lane pro's there.

Also. That pic is a girl. So if you do see one of those follow her to the bottom and ask her out for a drink. hahaha.

Edited by Omega Man

Just ride. You will hardly EVER get passed and you won't be passing many riders. I'm not fast and i never got passed once on the trail. I did get passed while crying with sore hands next to the trail tho. Also. Don't assume that a dude with the latest color coded kit and bike is a pinner. There's loads of pit lane pro's there.

Also. That pic is a girl. So if you do see one of those follow her to the bottom and ask her out for a drink. hahaha.

aaah! you caught on! hahaha! That pic is indeed one of the PDS local ladies on her bike. I may have to start training so I can give chase :lol:

Whaat? When you going?

Got my old job back. Checkout link.

Looking for the best rd rides/climbs Barcelona, Toulon, Nice, Provence, Rome, Naples?

So far I count 5 hubbers making the pilgrimage this year:

Myself & Peach (9th - 23rd August)

Super_mil & his bicycle gang (14th - 28th August)

Omega Man & his bicycle gang (late June - early July)

DaveMD (not sure on his details)

So who else is spending part of their winter riding ski lifts, and endless trails?

Where's MY name....feeling rejected here! :blush: :whistling: