French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Super_mil & Omega... do you think something like transparent the enduro ones would work?

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=59262

...obviously with a jersey underneath :lol:

Yeah. They have those and Dianese versions in Morzine so you can take the chance and maybe get one there but for me the Kay Way is the one. Remember you aren't smashing out race runs with your sponsor logo's visible. You are traveling and riding sometimes pretty big distances. Besides. That thing is just a R300 bin liner.

I'll be buying one for myself in the not too distant future.

Edited by Omega Man

Final question...

Ski lift pass. Did you purchase that here or in Morzine? Also, I have heard or read that you need to take an ID picture along. Is that true?

Thanks for all the info OM!

When you next venture up to the 'big smoke' I think you deserve a beer or 10 :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Final question...

Ski lift pass. Did you purchase that here or in Morzine? Also, I have heard or read that you need to take an ID picture along. Is that true?

Thanks for all the info OM!

When you next venture up to the 'big smoke' I think you deserve a beer or 10 :thumbup:

You get lift passes at the main lift stations. So for you that will more than likely be the pleney lift station. It looks like a credit card and you just pass it over this card reader thingy. You don't have to take it out or anything. Some dudes even keep it in their shoe. It was a teeni bit more expensive than last year but still a MASSIVE bargain. I think it cost 130 Euro for a 10 day pass for me. Something like that.

If you are buying a pass for more than 7 days you need a picture so they can theoretically identify you. She just scanned my drivers license photo.

When it comes to the lifts watch what the other dudes do and copy them. Lift fails are embarrassing.

Pleasure man. I'm just stoked some more saffa's have taken the plunge. You will absolutely love it. Just make sure you get over to chatel and Morgins. You won't be sorry.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Directions to Chatel.

Take the Super Morzine lift.

Take the Zore lift from there.

Turn right at the top of the Zore lift towards Avoriaz. (Don't get this wrong unless you like xc riding)

Ride across to the top of the ridge line till you get to a road intersection. This is the Col de la Joux Vuerte(+-4km)

There is a bike path entrance where you drop into the Lindarettes valley and ride across.

Ride that for about1.5km and you will come across some dh tracks. These are the old French National tracks. Drop in here to get to the bottom of Lindarettes.

Take the lift on the other side to the top of Chatel

Tadaaa.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Directions to Morgins

Turn right at the top of the Zore lift towards Avoriaz.

Ride across to the top of the ridge line till you get to a road intersection. This is the Col de la Joux Vuerte(+-4km)

There is a bike path entrance where you drop into the Lindarettes valley and ride across.

Ride this track but instead of dropping in to the bottom of Lindarettes like you would for Chatel carry on across to the Mosettes France lift.

Take the Mosettes lift.

at the top you will see signage to Morgins. Take that road. It's a dirt road.

At the first intersection take the right

At the 2nd intersection take the left (It's not that obvious tho)

you will ride down some dirt roads

When you come out to the farmers house masquerading as a restaurant you aren't lost. follow the dirt road into Morgins.

It's about 24km of riding + 3 ski lifts into morgins

If you can try to hook onto someone who knows where they are going. It's suuper worth it.

When it comes to the lifts watch what the other dudes do and copy them. Lift fails are embarrassing.

Especially when there's a long queue and they need to stop the lift because of you. :blush:

At least lifts are easy. The best fails are on the T-bars. :D

Guest Omega Man

Especially when there's a long queue and they need to stop the lift because of you. :blush:

At least lifts are easy. The best fails are on the T-bars. :D

Hahaha. Yeah. Luckily no T bars for mountain biking in the PDS.

Nice Super! :thumbup:

...now just to study those vids and practice on the veranda swing chair so that I don't look like a total noob when I get there :lol:

Guest Omega Man

What can't the internet teach you :D

The first youtube is the Les Gets main lift or Chavannes and the 2nd is Zore. I wanna goooo baaaaack. :(

Edited by Omega Man

Directions to Morgins

Turn right at the top of the Zore lift towards Avoriaz.

Ride this track but instead of dropping in to the bottom of Lindarettes like you would for Chatel carry on across to the Mosettes France lift.

Take the Mosettes lift.

at the top you will see signage to Morgins. Take that road. It's a dirt road.

At the first intersection take the right

At the 2nd intersection take the left (It's not that obvious tho)

you will ride down some dirt roads

When you come out to the farmers house masquerading as a restaurant you aren't lost. follow the dirt road into Morgins.

It's about 24km of riding + 3 ski lifts into morgins

If you can try to hook onto someone who knows where they are going. It's suuper worth it.

Just make sure you leave enough time to get back, some lifts close at 5, some at 5:30. You do not want to muck that up, there are some big hill between Morgins and Morzone or a 180 euro taxi ride from Switzerland back to France.

Edited by dman2

Spent 10 days cycling in the area two weeks ago.Three of us went together, but saw four other South Africans with their bikes on Geneve airport - they were there for the second time.

All inclusive it was about R 18 grand,(meals, lifts, tranfers, accommodation, visa, drinks(only a few at R 35 per beer) the best money I have ever spent - I have to go back. Don't worry about anything before you go, just get your bike and yourself there. If you do not know, ask or get a free map. The ski lifts are real easy and also a great experince. Everybody is generally in a festive mood high on andrenaline, so no sweat.

Rode mostly cross country on the most awesome single track around Chamonix, Lets Getz and Morzine. Did a few days on the downhill courses as well, what a rush. Used a bottom of the range stumpjumper - the bike could handle everything, but I was out of my comfort zone often.

Enjoy it, it is going to be better than your best cycling dream.....

Guest Omega Man

Spent 10 days cycling in the area two weeks ago.Three of us went together, but saw four other South Africans with their bikes on Geneve airport - they were there for the second time.

Hahaha. That was us. Glad you had a good one.