French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

here's some pics of uphill-lycra-lovers that might illustrate the XC riding in the Morzine area

The pic with the cross is taken on a ridgeline between La Crosets and the Lindarets valley. from that point you can drop 15km down into Morgins. Ride down a trail called puncture alley to Lindarets or ride some superb singletrack across to the top of Chatel. (The first pic)

The mountain in the background is above Champery

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Awesome!! Lycra.... never!!!

I am starting with my savings for a trip like this today!!!!!

Good man.

Guest Omega Man

Jump park almost ready to roll. This is the Les Gets jump park. Or Nauchettes. If you've ever seen that now std pic of the dude jumping over the other dude in the berm it happens there. There's 5 tracks that wind in and out of each other. Lot's of fun to be had here.

post-18968-0-43255100-1336130257.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

45 sleeps.

I've done the visa appointment and my passport is ready. Bike just needs a service and a few little things and we'll be set.

The priority now is to not get hurt in the next 45 days.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Got my passport back from the Embassy this morning. 3 year multi entry. Stoked. Time to start planning (selling the idea) of a ski trip with the wife now. Not sure why the guy insisted on a cavity search for me to get my passport back but it was a small price to pay. (Jokes)

42 sleeps to go. I'm so amped it's just beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Holy cow!!!! I thought mine looked sick. Those wouldn't go on a set of bars. They'd be framed and hung up in the lounge.

Oh. Just one thing. The bar clamp is quite fat and the levers are long. As a consequence you might struggle to find a lever/brake position initially that you are happy with. I've moved my brakes inboard of my shifter. I've never had that setup before. Also. If you are running cut down boobars as i was then lever placement is a real ball ache cos boobars get fat real quick.

Edited by Omega Man

Holy cow!!!! I thought mine looked sick. Those wouldn't go on a set of bars. They'd be framed and hung up in the lounge. Oh. Just one thing. The bar clamp is quite fat and the levers are long. As a consequence you might struggle to find a lever/brake position initially that you are happy with. I've moved my brakes inboard of my shifter. I've never had that setup before. Also. If you are running cut down boobars as i was then lever placement is a real ball ache cos boobars get fat real quick.

Def a work of art those puppies , mine on hold atm , so still drooling.

LOL @ the ache ...

Got Funn fatboys on atm, also get kinda fat fast . Ride inboard already, like my index on the end of lever.

Keen to try the bazookas for this reason, just wish they had tad more rise. :whistling:

post-20718-0-61223300-1336660483.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Ok back on topic now. Today is 6 weeks. woohoo.

Guest Omega Man

Top of the jump park looking fine today

post-18968-0-41020900-1336661464.jpg