Bike Service rip off

Foxpox

Thats crazy :eek: Not just an error?

Agree- that would be fraud!!!

Almost as bad as lycra wearing yogi's on single speed's calling themselves Mountain Bikers.... Namaste!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TheV

hmm, where do you eat dinner every night ;)...

G

You never invite me, you know i'm in your hood at least 2 or 3 times a week but I still have to get an invite...

Maybe it's because your too scared i'd let your wife know what you really spend on biking?

He sounds like a great guy, :thumbup: .

You are very lucky to have such a good friend and I really hope you tell him exactly how much you appreciate his valuable service and friendship.

Yes. He is part of the family and thus we try and do as much for him as he does for us. Our daughter really looks after him with plenty of baking...

Many here know him but he is not a hubber. ;)

Edited by slick

hehehe

high jacking...

don't joke, she saw the new grips, gave me a look and asked if I spend money on my bike AGAIN... I said nah, Jody was nice and gave those to me, never mentioning the brakes...

As soon as she's better we'll be having a braai, your invite is in the mail.

and as for being in my area, here you come across the border, visiting with your passport as a ex southerner and we never know when, sneak in and out... ;)

G

I won't call it fraud, more like theft.

G

Agree- that would be fraud!!!

Almost as bad as lycra wearing yogi's on single speed's calling themselves Mountain Bikers.... Namaste!!!

Cycle-Fix in Silverlakes offers a pick up and drop off service great service from them.

www.cycle-fix.co.za

I've started doing the minor service items on my bikes due to time lost getting my bike to a bike shop. I live in Table View, work in Tyger Valley and take my bike to Somerset West for major service items as no one in the Northern Suburbs have done good, consistent work on my bike so far. So the travel time to SSW is at least 90 minutes. If I can do it in less time myself, its a no-brainer.

i would be delighted to have a reliable, responsive crowd who can deliver and collect, since i just dont have the time to drop and collect and therefore also not to go the DIY route. I used to have somebody who provided excellent serviceand i supported and recommended him several times on the hub, but unfortunately since about a year or so ago things went off the rails when he became rather unresponsive, workmanship being bad and charging me for parts which he then ends up not replacing... so anybody out there in sandton area please contact me.

I had the same trouble. maybe its the same guy? Found someone new and its just as bad. The common denominator here is me in all of the 3 places I have been to.Could it be my expectations are too high?

I had the same trouble. maybe its the same guy? Found someone new and its just as bad. The common denominator here is me in all of the 3 places I have been to.Could it be my expectations are too high?

Good to know :thumbup:

Just interested why we not doing the name and shame thing?

I really think we should....honestly, there are so many bike shops out there costing many guys money, time and a lot of effort. Why not point them out and save people the trouble of going there.

Reading all these replies I'm really thankfull to have found an awesome mechanic, took me over two years, but the service, advice and honesty are all top notch. :thumbup:

The problem with the cycling industry is that bikeshops are not prepared to pay top dollar for well trained mechanics.

Instead of naming and shaming the shops why don't we rather make a list of those awesome mechanics who do excellent work? With their permission of course.

The problem with the cycling industry is that bikeshops are not prepared to pay top dollar for well trained mechanics.

Instead of naming and shaming the shops why don't we rather make a list of those awesome mechanics who do excellent work? With their permission of course.

I couldn't agree more.

We could maintain a online directory here, name location and contact details of mechs that shown themself to be worthy of the golden badge.

G