Itching for a new TT bike

Gunston

I am currently on a 2011 Cervelo P2 with ultegra components. Love my bike to bits but since my return from Ironman I have an extreme itch for something new.

The difficult question is what to upgrade to? Obvious choice is the P3 but it is getting on in age. Also looked at the Trek SC 7.5 and 7.8, Argon 18 E118, KTM Solus Master, Felt B12.

What do you ride and what do you recon is a decent upgrade on the P2?

Thanks,

I don't understand and I'm too lazy to research, but is the P3 the newer model than the P2? And if so, if P2 is 2011 why do you say "P3 but it is getting on in age"?

The P3 carbon was released in '04/'05 and other than paint work has not changed much since then. Same story with the P2. They are essentially different bikes and not just a newer release of a previous one.

Although they havent been upgraded / redesigend - they probably are still the benchmark for TT bikes

Wait for the itch to go away, you have a very nice bike there.

Some level-headed, good, solid advise...what is The Hub coming to! :thumbup:

Buy some of those long soccer socks that the tri athletes wear. It might help your itch...

Don't listen to the fun police, you definately need a new bike! Of the ones you listed I would take the P3 hands down however my first choice would be one that you haven't listed.... a Shiv. Full Di2 and Zipp 606.

Definitely Argon E-118, but I'm biased since I have an E-114.

Have to agree, I have the E-112.

Well, the E-118 is apparently 7min faster then E-114 over 180km and to me the E-114 is a pretty damn fast bike with some race wheels on it.

If I had to choose for me personally it would be the Trek Speed Concept. It is super sleek, with no cables showing and is super fast also....