Killer deal on Carbon 29er with free ZTR wheelset

Iwan Kemp

Back to the topic. I still think R13k for that frame plus wheelset is a very good deal.

Yes, it's actually a really awesome deal!!!

I just had a look at the specifications of the SL729, and based on that you can easily build this SL929, with 2012 XT Groupset, and FOX forks well under +-10.6kg's including pedals...

R 13k for Frame + Wheels

R 7k for Kashima FOX 100mm or SID XX

R 7.5 for Complete 2012XT groupset, including XT Race pedals and ice-tech rotors (check the classifieds, i have some in stock)

R 2.5 for finishing kit and

BAMMMM!!!! You have a +-10.6kg 29er to RACE for about 30k!!!

Good deal!

Edited by TheV

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWIPE!

You know what would make it even MORE sexy... is to run it 1x10 and then use the integrated cable routing of the front mech to house your Reverb2 dropper post.. that would make it sick and it would have awesome "chuckability"

Epic!

Going 1 x 10 on my SL-R...will that help to make it have the ability to be chucked? :blink:

Epic!

Going 1 x 10 on my SL-R...will that help to make it have the ability to be chucked? :blink:

SL-R...naaaice!!! (oh man I'd so be chucking and tossing an Ibis around, but i just can get over the cable routing... it's a mental block for me... i'm trying to get over myself...)

I've already ordered an XO DH crankset with matching XO chainguide.... will use it with my BigTop in the meantime until I can get my hands on a plastic SB-66.

Edited by TheV

Damn the both of you to hell! I'll be waiting at the bottom of the trail with my trusty spade, just waiting for you to come past so I can grab your bikes...

I've got my eyes on the Santa Tallboy LT. Do you think I'll have to get an XS frame, 'cos the wheels are bigger and the fork has more travel than my current hardtail?

I've got my eyes on the Santa Tallboy LT. Do you think I'll have to get an XS frame, 'cos the wheels are bigger and the fork has more travel than my current hardtail?

Just remember, if you're shorter than 6ft there's NO WAY a 29er will work for you. :whistling:

Damn the both of you to hell! I'll be waiting at the bottom of the trail with my trusty spade, just waiting for you to come past so I can grab your bikes...

All you need is a suspension seatpost, yes... seatpost shox and one of those pullover seat cushions... and your hardtail will be super "plush"

And then you need to get it dialed... so that you can shred....

All you need is a suspension seatpost, yes... seatpost shox and one of those pullover seat cushions... and your hardtail will be super "plush"

And then you need to get it dialed... so that you can shred....

But i don't want to call anyone... ?!

But i don't want to call anyone... ?!

Why not, your so fat i'm thinking of calling ghostbusters... i mean weighless...

Why not, your so fat i'm thinking of calling ghostbusters... i mean weighless...

Just wait... I'll bust some ghoulish moves just now...

Oh, wait, bustingupthesickness isn't here anymore, is he?

Edited by cptmayhem

See they have a special on the SL929 as well...

• SRAM XO Spec with RS SID World Cup ( Carbon Carbon Carbon )
  • Limited Edition TEN FOUR T-Shirts will be offered with each bike!
  • Available while stocks last
  • Suggested Retail: R 37,500 incl VAT!!!!!! ( a full R 10,000 cheaper than our XTR bike option )
  • Note: this model will be added to our website during the course of tomorrow

Edited by The Crow

Oh, and if I remember correct a Vets team on Momsen bikes were leading by quite a margin (45min or something like that) when the one guy fell on the second last day and lost their lead plus another 30min or so. In the end they had to throw in the towel.

I'm not ripping off the brand, I just think its strange marketing. I would have just played up the 4 stage wins, which is really impressive and proves that you don't need a 30K frame to win an epic stage.

Yeah, get what you're saying. But it's still a great feat for a two year old upstart brand to finish ahead of so many other pro teams and bike brands. And it's local!

Ja "local" term used VERY liberally

What's local about it ? the fact that it's assembled on SA soil?

Edited by BLACKvoodoo