Routes in the Umtentweni and Port Shepstone area

6speedSchwinn

Good day,

I work in Port Shepstone two weeks a month and don't know any MTB trails or riders in the area. It will be great if someone can show me a few routes and if I can meet other riders.

I haven't cycled much in the past 5 months so my fitness level is not what it used to be. It will be great to ride with MTB'ers who are willing to do shorter distances (30/40km).

Else contact Dura Cycles close to Margate, they have regular Saturday outrides of varying fitness levels.

Make sure you have good legs. Once you cross over the N2 and head into the sugarcane and banana plantations there are some serious hills! Was down there last week staying at the Pumula and got a few rides in with the GM of the hotel. He knows the area really well. Anyone who rides out in those hills a few times a week will grow beeeg muscles. The locals are really chilled so its pretty safe as well as well damn pretty.

Try the LBS in Sheppies - not sure of the name

Make sure you have good legs. Once you cross over the N2 and head into the sugarcane and banana plantations there are some serious hills! Was down there last week staying at the Pumula and got a few rides in with the GM of the hotel. He knows the area really well. Anyone who rides out in those hills a few times a week will grow beeeg muscles. The locals are really chilled so its pretty safe as well as well damn pretty.

Try the LBS in Sheppies - not sure of the name

Was there 3 weeks ago, great hill training. Try Bobby's Cycles, also great riding at Oribi Gorge.

Ellingham Estate....35, 27 and 17 route. Well marked and a great ride! Oja, Ellingham is at Rocky Bay.