2012 Scott Aspect 10

Beer4Recovery

Hi Guys,

A mate of mine want to get into mountain biking and he is thinking of getting a Scott Aspect 10.

I am not familiar with the brand so I'd rather ask those who own one or can give me some input on this bike.

Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's the specs:

Year 2012

Frame

Aspect Alloy 6061 D.B., Performance geometry, Integrated headtube

Fork

Rock Shox Recon, Silver TK Solo Air, Pop loc lockout, Rebound adjustable, 100 mm travel

Headset

Ritchey Logic OE integrated

Rear Derailleur

Shimano XT, RD-M780 SGS, Shadow Type, 30 Speed

Front Derailleur

Shimano Deore, FC-M590-10, 34.9mm

Shifters

Shimano Deore SL-M591-10, Rapidfire plus, 2 way release, w/gear indicator

Brakelevers

Shimano BL-M445 Disc

Brakes

Shimano BR-M446 Disc, Hydr. Disc

Crankset

Shimano FC-M552, black, 42Ax32Ax24S T

BB-Set

Shimano Cartridge, 68mm shell

Handlebar

Scott Aspect OS, 640mm, black, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 8° backsweep

Stem

Scott Comp, JD-ST57 A

Pedal

Wellgo C 128

Seatpost

Scott Comp, 31.6mm

Seat

Scott Aspect

Hub front

Scott Disc Team CL

Hub rear

Shimano FH-RM 66-CL

Chain

Shimano CN-HG54

Cassette

Shimano CS-HG62-10, 11-36 T

Spokes

15 G, stainless, black

Rims

Alex XC-44 Disc 32H, black

Tires

Schwalbe Rocket Ron, 26 x 2.1, 50 EPI wire,

Weight

12.40 kg / 27.31 lbs

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/scott-aspect-10xl.jpg

• 3 months later...

hi there,

I am also net and have my eye on the same bike.

tips,commends and suggestions will be apreciated.

This bike ticks all the boxes:

-Air shock

-Good disc brakes

-3x10speed

-Hollowtech 2 crank

No other bike in this price has the above features. Great bike - bought one for my gf after extensive research. One of the best selling bikes in its price class aswell, but dont pay more than R7500 for it... otherwise they are ripping you off

These were selling for around R8200. Good value for money. JanMTB has a likeable face, that why he got it for R7.5k

There are some 2013 models on the way, like this Merida TFS 600, which will be competing in that speck and price bracket.

The TFS 600 now has an Air fork where the TFS 500 from 2012 didnt.

post-4352-0-29482700-1344576499.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am also interested in the Scott Aspect 10. (29er version) My LBS are now offering it for R8.5k. Is it a good deal? I was waiting for the Merida 2013 TFS 500/600 niner, but looks like the new models have migrated out of my price bracket.

This bike ticks all the boxes:

-Air shock

-Good disc brakes

-3x10speed

-Hollowtech 2 crank

No other bike in this price has the above features. Great bike - bought one for my gf after extensive research. One of the best selling bikes in its price class aswell, but dont pay more than R7500 for it... otherwise they are ripping you off

I have to agree, it is a very nice bike and what you get for the price is really good. I have one that I bought in mid June this year and only did about 300km with it that I would like te sell, it looks exactly as the picture above, it is well looked after and I have a set of slick tyres that I will give with the bike for free. Reason for selling is I am switching to roadbike. I want R6500.00 for it, you can call me on 082 433 1375 if you are interested

I have to agree, it is a very nice bike and what you get for the price is really good. I have one that I bought in mid June this year and only did about 300km with it that I would like te sell, it looks exactly as the picture above, it is well looked after and I have a set of slick tyres that I will give with the bike for free. Reason for selling is I am switching to roadbike. I want R6500.00 for it, you can call me on 082 433 1375 if you are interested

• 4 weeks later...

I bought mine October 2011 and haven't looked back. I did research quite intensely and as far as value for money on the components and aesthetics are concerned I'll back this bike a thousand times over. If I compare it with the amount of times my buddies who have bought bikes in this price range had to have their machines fixed this is an obvious choice... my personal opinion.

Hi

Bought the Aspect 10 29er 3 weeks ago and have so far done about 500 km on it. No complaints so far. Brakes a bit noisy, but then again it's my first disk brake bike. Dont really have something to compare it with.

Would strongly recommend this bike to anyone.

• 1 month later...

bought mine last Friday. very nice machine. still getting use to the 29er ( i havent been on a bike in over 6years). very sore after yesterdays ride. did quite a technical trail and bike handles it well, even though i didnt! haha but great value for money. the 910 2013 model goes for R10 500+-, exact same specc, so you paying more for the new spray job. get one while you can! and add the tubeless conversion while you att it. did bout 3month worth of research before settling for the aspect. big up to Ewan and Charl fropm Coimbra PE for sorting me out!