Slow & unfit - Benoni

funcruiser

When is the next one planned?

My partner's folks live that side and I'd like to "accidentally" plan a visit on the same weekend ;)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, either that or boerewors duty! Hahahaha!

Smolster, I'll chat to the peeps this weekend, and should be able to propose a date by Monday. Accidentally, of course. Hahahahaha!

Bob, either that or boerewors duty! Hahahaha!

Smolster, I'll chat to the peeps this weekend, and should be able to propose a date by Monday. Accidentally, of course. Hahahahaha!

Great! Thanks TW

Hey Dave and Greg,

A short-course series out East is a great idea, and long overdue. There used to be races like that at Sand Pan and Sweat & Gears Park (where Ebotse is now). Let's build the mine dump ride as a regular affair and gauge interest as it gets bigger, and take it from there.

Great .. good one. This potential lap series / short course series, could start in Sep / Oct then (if there is interest), which is just better in so many ways. Will be looking out for the next Dump Ride then too ... hope to join this one.

TNT1, can I get my order in first? Scrambled eggs and extra crispy bacon, please? I'll lend you my Park Tool cooking utensils.

When is the next one planned?

My partner's folks live that side and I'd like to "accidentally" plan a visit on the same weekend ;)

Smolster would be good to see you again - on our turf (especially after you graciously showed me the tracks at Sun City)

TNT1, can I get my order in first? Scrambled eggs and extra crispy bacon, please? I'll lend you my Park Tool cooking utensils.

Tumbleweed I thought your eggs were pretty scrambled on Sunday's ride :w00t:

And yes it sounds like a plan, I had an awesome ride on Sunday veeeery keen to do it again...

Personally I blame funcruiser. What was he thinking starting a topic like this!?

I call for a life-time ban.

(And only on 12 posts too. Respect dude!!)

There have been vague mentionings of setting up a short course and organising races of a couple of laps. Would peeps be in for such a thing?

Hey guys, I'm also new to the sport living in Benoni, and would definitely be keen to join you guys on the next ride so count me in.

Hey guys, I'm also new to the sport living in Benoni, and would definitely be keen to join you guys on the next ride so count me in.

Will do. Expect a post next week.

Smolster would be good to see you again - on our turf (especially after you graciously showed me the tracks at Sun City)

Tumbleweed I thought your eggs were pretty scrambled on Sunday's ride :w00t:

And yes it sounds like a plan, I had an awesome ride on Sunday veeeery keen to do it again...

:cursing:

• 2 weeks later...

We've tossed around a couple of dates for the next ride. Not sure what clashes with race weekends, etc. July 22? August 5?

Springs Wheeler's ride 7am Saturday starting from BikeScene shop, various groups ranging from experienced to novice. :thumbup:

Shop is owned by Riaan (previously worked at Tour de Frans). :thumbup:

We're in the Benoni area and have quite an active group that ride all over the place, would love to join you - please keep us posted - 8 July is perfect, the weekend before Nissan Cullinan!!

We're in the Benoni area and have quite an active group that ride all over the place, would love to join you - please keep us posted - 8 July is perfect, the weekend before Nissan Cullinan!!

It's going ahead. Meet at the shop - 63 5th Avenue, Northmead - at 7 for 8.