An Ibis SL-R is born (The Crow's Mojo V3.0)

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crow... thise trizoid hubs from superstar... are those the oes with 120-something engagement points?

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see some pics.

BTW, the Whyte 146S with a XX build is 10.6 kgs :P

And it's also easy to get into once it breaks into 2 after 1 week of riding :lol:

(true story. Poor Mr Geldenhuys. But it seems it was a manufacturing flaw)

@Crow... thise trizoid hubs from superstar... are those the oes with 120-something engagement points?

And it's also easy to get into once it breaks into 2 after 1 week of riding :lol:

Yes, it is. Was either that or I9 - nothing else will do!

Have read about some issues with the 146 not holding up. Not bashing the Whyte, but to get to those weights the guys are running XC Eastons and all sorts of stuff I wouldn't put on my bike for heavy trail / light AM use. Real worls weight of 146X is 11.65kg without pedals - SL-R will match that.

NO FAIR :drool: :cursing: :drool: :cursing: :drool: :cursing: :drool: :cursing:

Tell me, honestly, how do you feel? :D But before you answer, I just got the call to say the frame is in the country! Will have it before the weekend. To quote: "Eeeeek" - cptmayhem

Edited by The Crow

Yeah shame... happened on the same trip (the day after) I broke my wrist on it's 3rd ride. But then he shouldn't have too many hassles dealing with the agents. :P I saw video evidence....

Have read about some issues with the 146 not holding up. Not bashing the Whyte, but to get to those weights the guys are running XC Eastons and all sorts of stuff I wouldn't put on my bike for heavy trail / light AM use. Real worls weight of 146X is 11.65kg without pedals - SL-R will match that.

To be fair, Mr. Geldenhuys' build was probably well over 12kgs. None of the other 146's in SA have had hassles and they have been ridden pretty damn hard by guys who weigh much more than he does.

Anyway, Mr Crow that is one gorgeous frame.

The earlier-than-expected delivery of the frame has tossed up a curveball or two:

1. Wheels are still a month away - will have to borrow my buddy's I9's

2. Gripshifts will only arrive end of the month so trigger shifter it will have to be for now

3. Producton for Stealth is only scheduled for May / June - will run std Reverb till then

4. Bionicon c.guide is not on it's way from the UK yet - no biggy

I am now officially freaking excited.

Oh - quick favourite to ask of you... When she's built, we take our steeds to tokai (My GT your SLR) and we go swopsies for 10 mins or so... Hit up Mamba/Boomslang/Snake eyes a couple of times. You can see what a 25kg bike feels like, and I see what's on my wishlist...

Oh - quick favourite to ask of you... When she's built, we take our steeds to tokai (My GT your SLR) and we go swopsies for 10 mins or so... Hit up Mamba/Boomslang/Snake eyes a couple of times. You can see what a 25kg bike feels like, and I see what's on my wishlist...

Can do. Only one condition, we swop at the top! I'll even lend her to you for a weekend or so...what's the worse that can happen?

...what's the worse that can happen?

You don't really want to ask this question, do you? His name's not Mayhem for nothing! ;)

At one stage we were worried that this thread will go on for several pages before there'll be actual pics posted...not any more!

post-2031-0-35127100-1337146791.jpg

Nice colour Crow. They must be special if you keep coming back to them. If Mampara were here, he'd say, nothing's changed. I personally would love to try a Ripley... Enjoy the build and the ride, of course.. What about a matching POC rubberised helmet?