CRC Order - Energy Gels - Beware !!!

Caerus

Not sure if anyone else has ordered gels from Chain Reaction, if you are thinking of doing it, be very careful.

I ordered some last week and selected the DHL postage option, in order for the delivery to be made before Sani2C. The parcel is detained by customs wanting a medical cetificate, I get no email or phone call telling me of the delay, even checking with the tracking no, tells me nothing. I see today they have made ammendments to the tracking details.

So yesterday after getting the run around, and not being able to actually speak to a manager/ supervisor I'm now left with no goods and D-Day is today. They wanted to send the goods for testing :eek: I had to explain to them exactly what the gels were, even still the parcel may not get through.

On top of it, they charge a rediculous amount for duties(37%), which I had to fight about and that got reduced from R450 to R190 :blink: Not sure were you are supposed to even find this info??

As per my lastest converstaion it does not look good at all. So just a warning to all, do not waste your time trying to bring them in. Not a happy bunny :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Edited by Caerus

Gels via CRC? Why?

Not for me, my boss only likes a certain type of gel for Sani. We could not find any local suppliers, the LBS where they are normally at, does not stock them anymore.

Looks like it could be a very expensive exercise if the detain the goods for good, it was a whole box of the stuff.

time for your boss to change brands i think .

I tried telling him that, apparently they are the only ones that don't make him feel sick.

Often get those HIGH5 gels for free with CRC orders.Often burst , just aswell the packet is vacuum sealed ^_^

Edited by GrubScrew

Not sure if anyone else has ordered gels from Chain Reaction, if you are thinking of doing it, be very careful. I ordered some last week and selected the DHL postage option, in order for the delivery to be made before Sani2C. The parcel is detained by customs wanting a medical cetificate, I get no email or phone call telling me of the delay, even checking with the tracking no, tells me nothing. I see today they have made ammendments to the tracking details. So yesterday after getting the run around, and not being able to actually speak to a manager/ supervisor I'm now left with no goods and D-Day is today. They wanted to send the goods for testing :eek: I had to explain to them exactly what the gels were, even still the parcel may not get through. On top of it, they charge a rediculous amount for duties(37%), which I had to fight about and that got reduced from R450 to R190 :blink: Not sure were you are supposed to even find this info?? As per my lastest converstaion it does not look good at all. So just a warning to all, do not waste your time trying to bring them in. Not a happy bunny :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Kinda sad reflection of double standards. ZA, the hub for drug smuggling, ZA, the country exporting coal with the lowest ash content to foreign countries, leaving Eskom to burn pollute Mpumalanga with lower grade coal, and inadequate filters on their smoke stacks.

Country of contradictions indeed, the R of SA!

Kinda sad reflection of double standards. ZA, the hub for drug smuggling, ZA, the country exporting coal with the lowest ash content to foreign countries, leaving Eskom to burn pollute Mpumalanga with lower grade coal, and inadequate filters on their smoke stacks.

Country of contradictions indeed, the R of SA!

They said it all depends on who gets your package for checking, I've ordered them previously before with no issues, but never just ordered them without other goodies in the parcel.

I started the thread more as a warning to others. You could end up very disappointed.

Caerus, could it be that you missed the cue of who and how much to pay to "facilitate" a smooth arrival of the parcel?

Caerus, could it be that you missed the cue of who and how much to pay to "facilitate" a smooth arrival of the parcel?

I tried, but they didn't take cheques :whistling:

I am also waiting for a parcel, took the cheaper postage option. It has been sitting in customs for 2 weeks now. They are apparently on strike and do not have staff to clear the parcels.Very frustrating.

What is your parcels status on sapco.co.za?

I am also waiting for a parcel, took the cheaper postage option. It has been sitting in customs for 2 weeks now. They are apparently on strike and do not have staff to clear the parcels.Very frustrating.

What is your parcels status on sapco.co.za?

Still awaiting a phone call to let me know, whats sapco.za? I was told this morning they just deceided to shut for the day yesterday :eek: Its a balls up that no one can ever take responsibilty.

Still awaiting a phone call to let me know, whats sapco.za? I was told this morning they just deceided to shut for the day yesterday :eek: Its a balls up that no one can ever take responsibilty.

www.sapco.co.za, you can track your parcel if you know you RI number? www.sapo.co.za my bad spelling.

Yup we are powerless.I am fortunate in that my goods are not urgent.Still dam frustrating.Which phone numbers are you able to talk to people on?

Edited by majestic

www.sapco.co.za, you can track your parcel if you know you RI number?

Yup we are powerless.I am fortunate in that my goods are not urgent.Still dam frustrating.Which phone numbers are you able to talk to people on?

Is that not meant to read sapo.co.za? I spoke to a guy at a section of customs that deals with food, medicines etc as thats where my parcel has ended up, as customs won't clear it.

Seems like it's easier to get schnarf into the country. Next we'll have GU mules being executed in China.

Seems like it's easier to get schnarf into the country. Next we'll have GU mules being executed in China.

Importing stuff is normally a breeze. Customs is on strike so who know what is going to happen.Like any Government department ,the ments do not want to work. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: