Places similar to Groenkloof to ride with wildlife??

Mileage

HI all

Is there anywhere within 2ish hrs of jhb that you can ride in a nature reserve and be close to the animals? Needs to be dirt roads or easy riding for kids or novice mtbers.

Similar vibe to groenies

Thanks

Krugersdorp nature reserve. Very cool place to do a game ride. Nothing technical, you mostly ride on jeeptrack.

Go with krugersdorp nature reserve. R30 gets you in and you get to cycle with lots of wild. Cycled 3m away from 3giraffe the other day was epic

Kingskloof - close to Krugersdorp. But I don't think it has nearly as much game as Groenies. Have also seen the odd small animal at Rietvlei and Thaba.

Dikhololo lodge . Just outside Brits . Nice easy riding .

+1

You can also sneak onto the 4x4 course for some fun

Guys, I already mentioned Thaba. Although you will probably be too busy coughing up a lung to notice any wildlife. The last time I was there I got bitten by something (suspect spider) which caused significant tissue damage and a course of antibiotics.

I got bitten by a rock on the top of climb when my pedals wouldn't release my shoes.... Also wasn't so fun.

It is a bit of a tough ride for game viewing