SS spotted at CWC this past weekend

Hairy

$$$?

Well the bike was a couple of meters up in the air on a display stand, so I could not take a glimpse at the price unfortunately

Saw that at the Pina stand at the Argus Expo. Nice. About R10 - R11k, if I remember. But then any true SSer knows that you have to build your own bike.

I'm sure that was in the store two weekends ago when I was there, looks awesome :drool:

Saw that at the Pina stand at the Argus Expo. Nice. About R10 - R11k, if I remember. But then any true SSer knows that you have to build your own bike.

So true, I like retro bikes, casamila in Woodstock now import ss retro bikes. Problem is they are brand new and have no heritage. You can get an old frame for next to nothing and ride a true retro ss or spend loads of cash on a brand new ss.

Maybe I'm just weird. :ph34r:

So true, I like retro bikes, casamila in Woodstock now import ss retro bikes. Problem is they are brand new and have no heritage. You can get an old frame for next to nothing and ride a true retro ss or spend loads of cash on a brand new ss.

Maybe I'm just weird. :ph34r:

One word: Woodstock Cycleworks. Oh, two.

One thing I do find amusingly frustrating though from allot of the fixie crowd in CT is that you can see a rider every other day, but some of them are just way too cool to even make eye contact when you greet them whilst wearing lycra and carrying a back pack following a commute into town.

Most of the guys are making them now

And they are cheep

This is my current favourite

This looks like the one I saw in a shop in Slaap Stad for R3500, what would you reckon a decent one to build will cost me?

One thing I do find amusingly frustrating though from allot of the fixie crowd in CT is that you can see a rider every other day, but some of them are just way too cool to even make eye contact when you greet them whilst wearing lycra and carrying a back pack following a commute into town.

Too true. I nod, wave hand, move elbow depending on conditions as a way of greeting. What gets to me is when some people don't respond.

This looks like the one I saw in a shop in Slaap Stad for R3500, what would you reckon a decent one to build will cost me?

More than that

Most of the guys are making them now

And they are cheep

This is my current favourite

That powder blue paint job is good-looking.