"BLIND" MTB RIDERS

dirtman

Had my usual encounter with “blind” MTB riders this weekend on the Bottelary Hills MTB trails. After more than a year we still have the freeloaders who “don’t know they need to pay to ride the trails” or “who did not see the signs that they must pay”.

So to all the freeloaders out there: You must have severe problems with your sight - how can’t you see a sign as big as the one in the photo? Even if you did not see the sign - do you really think a nature conservancy run by a group of farmers will spend more than R100K to develop a route and continue to improve the route just for the pleasure to see you riding over their farms? Also, all around you there are riders with day permits or annual permits on their bikes - do you think they got them for free?

To the riders who do early rides before the permit sales open - thank you for buying permits in advance or paying on the route. To the freeloaders (especially the guy with the R60k bike who has been freeloading for more than a year now) - may your paths be “paved” with thorns, broken bikes, crashes and all that is bad!!

post-4890-0-87914000-1338192532.jpg

if you spot serial offenders, you have full rights to k@k them out. even phone the cops and get them arrested for trespassing. i will lend you some ground-to-bike missiles if the problem gets any worse

We get the same in KZN(Oscars Hillcrest crew), why is that its normally the guys riding very expensive bikes that do this? :cursing:

I really enjoyed my one ride there and was glad to see a marshall (twice)... so I was hoping this was a regular thing and that it would deter the sight-challenged ones out there.

For what I rode there, I'd gladly pay - and with a huge grin of anticipation!

In the words of the sports minister... "Moér hulle!" :devil:

Dude, you get them everywhere. And yes, it seems to be an "entitlement" issue, where the more you have, the more you believe you deserve. Again, this is a generalization, and is based on what I have seen on both the illegal entry side as well as ignoring directional information (one-way trails) etc.

Basically, what is needed is an RPK for every single one of them offenders. Followed by the confiscation of the bike on the second transgression.

Dude, you get them everywhere. And yes, it seems to be an "entitlement" issue, where the more you have, the more you believe you deserve. Again, this is a generalization, and is based on what I have seen on both the illegal entry side as well as ignoring directional information (one-way trails) etc.

Basically, what is needed is an RPK for every single one of them offenders. Followed by the confiscation of the bike on the second transgression.

The thing is now because of these twats at Giba, I might have to ride with a board all the time :cursing: , thats if I don't want the hassle of stopping to show my memebership card.

Ive seen some guys jump the wall at the MTN park before. Could definitely afford to ride there. One specific bike, a green Cannondale Moto Carbon stood out quite well.

The group simply picked their bikes over the low part of the fence and onto the "Rust Remover" trail.

Klein bliksempies.