Best beginner road bike for approx 10-11k

avi_gurunand

I am a MTB rider looking to hit a few road races, been using my hard tail with slicks so far. Question for the guys out there, what's the best I can get for 10-11k,pref with a 105 groupset?

The Raleigh RC's was just the best beginner bikes ever!!!!!!!

RC 3000 and RC 6000(105 groupset)

Throw in an extra R1K and buy this

There are heaps of great bikes for that money, depends if you want new of second hand. Giant TCR's are great bikes and you can often pick up a bargain.

I got my latest ride 'second hand' but it'd only done the Argus and that was it, saved a good 7K for the that fact.

Thanks for help guys, took a look at the axis site, very well priced with good spec, who stocks them in Durban, and are they a local brand?

Best value for money would be a fairly new used carbon Giant or Scott with Ultegra, Should be able to pick one up for +- 12000.....

If you can stretch your budget by R3000, you can pick up a brand new full carbon Axis or Silverback Strella. Also bear in mind that the industry 2013 launches are around the corner and there are lots of discounts coming up on 2012 models.