2013 Rocky Mountain Element 29er Carbon range

PHIL BUYS SPORTS

Jeez the prices for bikes is just crazy :eek:

top of the range bike same as top of the range Spaz, id much much rather have the 999

Edited by covie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol so you also mailed them, :) didnt want to post that on there because come delivery time and the prices dont match the ones posted above, half the hub is going to be in uproar since nobody will read the first sentence with the word Estimated.

Oh well - I figured it was worth the risk, although with the Rand plummeting??

The BC edition looks like a perfect companion for the Highball - looking forward to trying one :thumbup:

Oh well - I figured it was worth the risk, although with the Rand plummeting??

The BC edition looks like a perfect companion for the Highball - looking forward to trying one :thumbup:

I upped my Reba to 140mm and gave it a go, and that was awesome considering the bike wasnt designed for that kind of travel but besides it sitting a bit up, I could still get more than decent steering out of it, and could bomb anything that crossed my path.

That is the rr price...think there might be some room to manoeuvre in....hopefully :unsure:

Anyhow will def want to give it a spin, boutique high-end bike = high-end prices...end van prent

I they should have curved the toptube like on the 2012 alu models, gives the bike a nice look. But hey im not complaining.

top of the range bike same as top of the range Spaz, id much much rather have the 999

I'll have to wait for a 2nd hand one, or just get my sister to send me a frame direct from Canada :-)

FOSHO!!! I love the ABC pivots and it is much stiffer than normal sealed cartridge bearings AND lighter AND cheaper to maintain AND more durable... AND and AND...

What about the rear tyre clearance around the FDR?

...I could still get more than decent steering out of it, and could bomb anything that crossed my path.

LOL... :w00t: you could not "bomb" a longdrop, not even if they gave you a big red button/remote, which was linked to a drone, equipped with a WMD and preset/aimed by someone else painting the target with a lazer, and all you had to do was press the button.

You'd still miss...

Just saying.

Edited by TheV

It looks like the shock will be pulling and not pushing (if you know what I mean)

It looks like the shock will be pulling and not pushing (if you know what I mean)

I know what you mean, which ever way you look at it i cant imagine it to be a smooth suspension curve all the way through the travel because of the linkage and the angle the shox has to do its work. anyway, i'm no suspension engineer, just my 2c.

purely on aesthetics.... it looks kuk.

I love my Rocky Element 50, really nice bike!!

I've been eyeing the 29'er all year, but will have to wait a while.

Rocky's rock

What about the rear tyre clearance around the FDR?

I run 2.25 with more than enough clearance, the UK guys complain because they use All Mountain tyres 2.3+ and that becomes and issue for them.

Been on Maestro, Brain, blah blah hell most of them, And beleive me none of them tracks like this, its not as plush as the maestro, but its much more direct and effeciant. Keeps the wheels exactly where they need to be, and gives you oodles of traction and 0 pedal bob. Regardless of how you think it looks bottom line is that it works and it works beautifully.

LOL... :w00t: you could not "bomb" a longdrop, not even if they gave you a big red button/remote, which was linked to a drone, equipped with a WMD and preset/aimed by someone else painting the target with a lazer, and all you had to do was press the button.

You'd still miss...

Just saying.

And youre quite sure? I do love the darwinistic tendancies though, be assured youre not alone.

Edited by covie