Pivot mach 429 full suss, any thoughts

wapad

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I would ever consider a Pivot 29er.... there are better options available elsewhere, imo.

But let me tell you, the Mach 5.7 Carbon is one awesome machine:

post-25478-0-38538100-1338827637.jpg

did a bit of reading and they seem quite good but they seem to be more in the mould of the niner jet etc which seem heavier more toward all mountain

looking for something along the lines of the scott spark 29er, spez and maybe even the Rocky mountain 29er so looking at all options

Pivot's are designed by Chris Cocalis, formerly of Titus.

If I was considering a FS 29er, it would definitely be on my shortlist.

Well I took one for a test spin today, I am on a large Anthem and the medium was a great fit

It seems to climb really well with just about zero bob still need to work out the rear shock as the new rp23 has a zero,one and two as opposed to the normal 1,2and 3 the stroke of the rear shock was quite a bit longer than my Anthem too

The bike weighed 12.1 kg with a mix of xt and slx it seems to be able to be flicked around quite easily

Well I took one for a test spin today, I am on a large Anthem and the medium was a great fit

It seems to climb really well with just about zero bob still need to work out the rear shock as the new rp23 has a zero,one and two as opposed to the normal 1,2and 3 the stroke of the rear shock was quite a bit longer than my Anthem too

The bike weighed 12.1 kg with a mix of xt and slx it seems to be able to be flicked around quite easily

Sounds great, colour? I like their anodized finishing....

In most of these "better" suspension designs it's usually recommended to run the Pro-Pedal lever in open, the Pro-Pedal nob on 0, and rebound 5 about clicks clockwise.

The rebound adjustment has 12 clicks of adjustment. The rebound knob is the red adjustment dial. As a general rule, adjustments that are too fast (counter- clockwise adjustment) will produce a springy ride with excessive kick-up of the rear end causing a bucking sensation. Adjustments that are too slow (clockwise adjustment) will cause packing of the rear wheel indicated by a sluggish ride feeling ride.

*Slower rebound- turn the knob clockwise

**Faster rebound- turn the knob counter-clockwise

Edited by TheV

heres a pic of the bike I tested it was a bit of mix and match but mainly looking at the frame and building over my Anthem bits

post-14048-0-49712900-1338918231.jpg

heres a pic of the bike I tested it was a bit of mix and match but mainly looking at the frame and building over my Anthem bits

Wowie, that's hot!!!

Whats the retail price of the complete bike Wapad ?

... the new rp23 has a zero,one and two as opposed to the normal 1,2and 3 the stroke of the rear shock was quite a bit longer than my Anthem too

http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/img-adaptivelogic.jpg

Whats the retail price of the complete bike Wapad ?

That bike as is was 40k the frame is 20k

http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/img-adaptivelogic.jpg

Thanks for that Crow

That bike as is was 40k the frame is 20k

20k a bit steep for a alloy frame damn

Thanks for that Crow

Ja, that's what I said, put it in 0-0 dude and turn the red rebound dial 5 turns clockwise. then BOMB it!!!!

20k a bit steep for a alloy frame damn

Ja it is but the price for boutique brand in the class of Santa cruise and niner

Having said that it's stiff in the rear fairly light sort of in the Anthem range suffers little to zero bob trying to get them to get it out on the track

The rear suspension is patented and I hear good things about this DW link feel slot like the Epic Spez

It's got all the new bits rear through axle, tapered head tube wide BB 92, the rear triangle is a feat of engineering and looks stiff, this is where I feel the Anthem is lacking

Also it has the latest RP23 shock

I would say it's about 3 grand over fair price but then again it special

The beauty though is instead of spending 40k I can get a new frame and transfer over the parts

Am also looking at Spez but plenty of the parts are not interchangeable, and stock is a problem so what happens if you bust a frame and then it's also very pricey

Anyway still in the looking phase