Bombing 29er tyres

G-Unit

Stoopid question - are the MTB size bomb thingies big enough to bomb a completely flat 29x2.2in tyre? If not, what does one do - simply use more bombs?

There is a roadbike bomb (12g), 26er Bomb (16g) and a 29er Bomb, at my lbs they charge R45 for those. . .

You must say CO2 canister, ACSA or the FBI or CIA might come after you for using the B word

Eish, don't forget the "hoks"

"are the MTB size bomb thingies big enough to bomb a completely flat 29x2.2in tyre?"

Yes. You can also get a bigger bomb nowadays (lezyne IIRC), but one regular sized one works for me. Also, I like tires at around 1.7 bar, you might need the bigger one for lots more pressure.

Generally I get a 16g bomb for my 29er (used before i went tubeless), get it to decent pressure with a good dual action pump and then i use the bomb to get it up to the right pressure.

You must say CO2 canister, ACSA or the FBI or CIA might come after you for using the B word

I heard helicopters circling mere seconds after posting that... :eek:

There is a roadbike bomb (12g), 26er Bomb (16g) and a 29er Bomb, at my lbs they charge R45 for those. . .

Thanks, will make a turn past the LBS tomorrow.

Btw if u have those canister/cartridge holders that fits where the water bottles cages are suppose to be & it's aluminium, don't put the 29'er canister in there.

Btw if u have those canister/cartridge holders that fits where the water bottles cages are suppose to be & it's aluminium, don't put the 29'er canister in there.

Hey? Why not?

You get steel ones too. Ryder or RavX. So it's strong enough for the bigger bomb

Hey? Why not?

Well lets just say i need to replace cartridge holder & 2x45g canisters. My 2nd very expensive "spares on the go" lesson. Some dom people just have to learn the hard way.

You get steel ones too. Ryder or RavX. So it's strong enough for the bigger bomb

Yeah I know, I bought the alu one when I was still using the 12g canisters.

Well lets just say i need to replace cartridge holder & 2x45g canisters. My 2nd very expensive "spares on the go" lesson. Some dom people just have to learn the hard way.

Tx. You saved me a couple of bucks! :-)