Huge RAVE - Specialized BG fit by forum user BodyBikeFit

hdp_gmx

Hi Guys,

I decided to do a proper fitting on my new SS and got in contact with BodyBikeFit after a post i made regarding cleat wedges, he is specialized authorized BG fit techie quite passionate about what he does and really knows the topic well. He fixed quite a few things in my setup and i can honestly say that i have not felt more comfortable on a bicycle than now.

Amongst the biggest things he sorted out; my seat width and position, my foot position and valgus and it has really made an incredible difference. He travels in the JHB/PTA area to your home and has no issues with coming by after hours.

I can highly recommend his services and it is definitely money well spent! :thumbup:

I also went to him last week Friday, and he finalised my setup on Monday. I still have to take my new setup out for a ride though.

He really knows what he is talking about, and explains what he does very well. Will certainly recommend him!!!

Cool.

What are his rates like?

In my opinion quite good and worth every cent, it depends on where you are and if he needs to come to you or if you go to him, i would suggest sending him a PM, he might only reply a bit later today as he is in fountains PTA this morning to lay out the XCT route for the weekend.

That's reasonable. The Specialized guys at Melrose Arch quoted me R1,100 for the setup

I wanted to go there first, but the guy who was doing it there has left so they dont do the BG Fit setup anymore.

Hi Guys,

I decided to do a proper fitting on my new SS and got in contact with BodyBikeFit after a post i made regarding cleat wedges, he is specialized authorized BG fit techie quite passionate about what he does and really knows the topic well. He fixed quite a few things in my setup and i can honestly say that i have not felt more comfortable on a bicycle than now.

Amongst the biggest things he sorted out; my seat width and position, my foot position and valgus and it has really made an incredible difference. He travels in the JHB/PTA area to your home and has no issues with coming by after hours.

I can highly recommend his services and it is definitely money well spent! :thumbup:

I also went to him last week Friday, and he finalised my setup on Monday. I still have to take my new setup out for a ride though.

He really knows what he is talking about, and explains what he does very well. Will certainly recommend him!!!

Thank you lapa and hdp_gmx :thumbup:. I just got back from Fountains in Pretoria and let me tell you tomorrow mornings XCT (cross country time trail) is going to be AWESOME!! :clap:

But yes as hdp_gmx said I'm a qualified BG Fit Technician from Specialized and I am willing to come to your home/office after hours and over weekends as well. If you are interested in optimizing your power output and hugely increasing your comfort please feel free to pm me or you can phone me at 0761634567 and email at david.xcosa@gmail.com

Edited by BodyBikeFit

Thank you lapa and hdp_gmx :thumbup:. I just got back from Fountains in Pretoria and let me tell you tomorrow mornings XCT (cross country time trail) is going to be AWESOME!! :clap:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what are the details on this XCT? What time does it start? Can you register there? Never done a cross country event but rode the fountains route 2 weeks ago and was mighty impressed.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what are the details on this XCT? What time does it start? Can you register there? Never done a cross country event but rode the fountains route 2 weeks ago and was mighty impressed.

Yes you can. We do it every two weeks on Saturdays, route training and registration is from 7h30 to 09h00, racing is from 09h00 to 11h00. The best of it all it's only R20 to participate!!