Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Public opinion has shifted a bit over the last two years…

If it is assumed that you have exceeded the speed limit should you be fined or only when you are caught on camera?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is assumed that you have exceeded the speed limit should you be fined or only when you are caught on camera?

Well, you can be bust for drunken driving without being breathalysed or having blood taken.

Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong raced in a triathlon for the first time since he announced he would no longer fight charges from the United States’ Anti Doping Agency and was banned from competing in sanctioned endurance events. The SuperFrog Triathlon, based out of Coronado, Calif., decided against racing with USA Triathlon sanctioning so that Armstrong could make the start, and he did not disappoint. Armstrong swam, biked and ran his way to the SuperFrog victory and a new course record.

http://triathlon.com...triathlon_62912

Maybe these pics should go in the pics for girls thread if it still exists, there is a reason or maybe more than 1 reason for the speedo only kit....

post-182-0-27020500-1349427484_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-69140900-1349427507_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-82136000-1349427514_thumb.jpg

Well, you can be bust for drunken driving without being breathalysed or having blood taken.

How?

How? Maybe busted but def not prosecuted...

Public opinion has shifted a bit over the last two years…

Hey holy:

Some other opinions

Quote Triathlete.com

" Spectator support for Lance—racing in his first triathlon since being banned by USADA—was unanimous at the SuperFrog Triathlon.

Twenty minutes before the start of the SuperFrog Triathlon, Lance Armstrong emerged from the RV that served as his early morning hideout. A swarm of videographers, fans, support staff and cameramen buzzed around the embattled former cycling star as he walked to his transition spot marked with the number he specifically requested for the event—seven. Dozens of spectators trying to catch a glimpse surrounded him with cell phones. Once the crowd realized Armstrong had arrived, all the clanking, buzzing and chattering of a typical transition area quickly came to a stop. The space around Armstrong was dead silent.

SuperFrog was Armstrong’s first triathlon since USADA banned him for life—because it isn’t USAT certified, SuperFrog don’t have to honor the ban—and his impact on the grassroots event was palpable. Whether you like him or not; believe his version of the story or USADA’s; support his right to race or want him out of sport, Armstrong’s presence is an undeniable force"

See the full article here

http://triathlon.com...usada-ban_62917

post-182-0-02950900-1349428563_thumb.png

post-182-0-79327700-1349428569_thumb.png

Hey holy:

Some other opinions

Quote Triathlete.com

" Spectator support for Lance—racing in his first triathlon since being banned by USADA—was unanimous at the SuperFrog Triathlon.

Twenty minutes before the start of the SuperFrog Triathlon, Lance Armstrong emerged from the RV that served as his early morning hideout. A swarm of videographers, fans, support staff and cameramen buzzed around the embattled former cycling star as he walked to his transition spot marked with the number he specifically requested for the event—seven. Dozens of spectators trying to catch a glimpse surrounded him with cell phones. Once the crowd realized Armstrong had arrived, all the clanking, buzzing and chattering of a typical transition area quickly came to a stop. The space around Armstrong was dead silent.

SuperFrog was Armstrong’s first triathlon since USADA banned him for life—because it isn’t USAT certified, SuperFrog don’t have to honor the ban—and his impact on the grassroots event was palpable. Whether you like him or not; believe his version of the story or USADA’s; support his right to race or want him out of sport, Armstrong’s presence is an undeniable force"

See the full article here

http://triathlon.com...usada-ban_62917

post-182-0-02950900-1349428563_thumb.png

post-182-0-79327700-1349428569_thumb.png

Faie enough, but I am referring to the amount of people who believe he doped.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/poll-is-lance-armstrong-guilty-of-doping/2012/08/24/d7733ce6-eded-11e1-afd6-f55f84bc0c41_blog.html

Hehehehe

That was a TH joke wasn't it?

Hahahaha! I wish it was! Check this out:

Most people are not aware that the general guidelines for prosecution in drunk driving cases, make provision for a drunk driving charge to be prosecuted without the use of a blood or breath sample, should a competent and knowledgeable officer on drunken driving cases be available as a witness and provide evidence accordingly.

http://www.niselowlaw.co.za/drinking-under-the-influence/

Remember the case against Judge Motata. The State called witnesses in to testify as to his drunkedness. There was a stage where the lab came under fire for possibly buggering up the blood sample. The State would then have had to rely on the footage and eyewitness testimony.

In that case lets get the cars off the road and make way for bicycles.

Drunk cycling's even worse…

Don't ask me how I know… :whistling:

Most people are not aware that the general guidelines for prosecution in drunk driving cases, make provision for a drunk driving charge to be prosecuted without the use of a blood or breath sample, should a competent and knowledgeable officer on drunken driving cases be available as a witness and provide evidence accordingly.

I see the similarity between that and the USADA version

Most people are not aware that the general guidelines for prosecution in doping cases, make provision for a doping charge to be prosecuted without the use of a blood or urine samples, should a competent and knowledgeable user of drugs in cycling be available as a witness and provide evidence accordingly.

Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong raced in a triathlon for the first time since he announced he would no longer fight charges from the United States’ Anti Doping Agency and was banned from competing in sanctioned endurance events. The SuperFrog Triathlon, based out of Coronado, Calif., decided against racing with USA Triathlon sanctioning so that Armstrong could make the start, and he did not disappoint. Armstrong swam, biked and ran his way to the SuperFrog victory and a new course record.

http://triathlon.com...triathlon_62912

Maybe these pics should go in the pics for girls thread if it still exists, there is a reason or maybe more than 1 reason for the speedo only kit....

post-182-0-27020500-1349427484_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-69140900-1349427507_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-82136000-1349427514_thumb.jpg

I think Matthew asked him to wear it.