Recommend me a seatpost bottle cage

jcza

Tried topeak, bontrager and specialized. Topeak & Bontrager bottles gone, Spez cages keeps snapping despite it apparently being indestructible.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicolas works the best. Go ask at Cycle Lab...not on the shelves.

I've been using the Profile Design (the one with the O ring securing the bottle) for the past 6 years and have never lost a bottle out of the cage nor has the cage given me any problems. It's not the best looking cage but is very functional.

You will need something with a lip to hook the bottles "rib"

Otherwise you can write it on your ass!

Edited by Vinnydabutcher

You will need something with a lip to hook the bottles "rib"

Otherwise you can write it on your ass!

The spez cage has a lip and the bottle is embossed but the cage keeps snapping. Thx karma & TNOSE, I'll give it a try.

I've been using the Profile Design (the one with the O ring securing the bottle) for the past 6 years and have never lost a bottle out of the cage nor has the cage given me any problems. It's not the best looking cage but is very functional.

Where can I get this?

Are you using a carbon Specialized cage? I used a nylon/plastic one for years without it breaking. The Profile Design one also worked perfectly for me.

http://www.olympiccycles.co.za/uploads/c6dfd9ec30a34c9083540871ee205acc-23112011-154443.jpg Edited by Wallee

Are you using a carbon Specialized cage? I used a nylon/plastic one for years without it breaking. The Profile Design one also worked perfectly for me.

Its the Specialized Rib Cage (not carbon) and it breaks at the bottom of the 'V' when viewing it side-on.

I've beem using the ribcage bottle holder on my seatpost for years with no problems. What clamps are you using to fit it to the seatpost? I use the specialized o-ring clamps. Also make sure that your seat post bottle is a standard size. Oversized bottles will break any bottle cage. The specialized bottle cages are particularly tight.

Perhaps try the Elite cages as well? These have more "give" than the ribcage bottle holder.s

CWC should have stock. http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/elite-custom-bottle-cage-2012

I've beem using the ribcage bottle holder on my seatpost for years with no problems. What clamps are you using to fit it to the seatpost? I use the specialized o-ring clamps. Also make sure that your seat post bottle is a standard size. Oversized bottles will break any bottle cage. The specialized bottle cages are particularly tight.

Perhaps try the Elite cages as well? These have more "give" than the ribcage bottle holder.s

CWC should have stock. http://www.cwcycles....ottle-cage-2012

Been using the spez bottle recommended with the cage, yes it is a tight fit. Waiting for answer, I took it back to the shop for a refund. They have already replaced and it lasted half a race.