Recommend me a seatpost bottle cage

jcza

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using the spez bottle recommended with the cage, yes it is a tight fit. Waiting for answer, I took it back to the shop for a refund. They have already replaced and it lasted half a race.

No offence meant but WTH you doing with the bottle when u put it in or take it out?

Generally water bottles should be slid straight in / out from the top and not taken out in a sideways motion. On some bike frames the straight in and out thing can be difficult and ditto for seat post cages when u try and remove while riding...

No offence meant but WTH you doing with the bottle when u put it in or take it out?

Generally water bottles should be slid straight in / out from the top and not taken out in a sideways motion. On some bike frames the straight in and out thing can be difficult and ditto for seat post cages when u try and remove while riding...

Can only get it in/out by pulling in straight up and inserting it straight down - the 1st one broke without removing or replacing the bottle, I only noticed it after wondering why the bottle was gone (and I was so thirsty!)

Can only get it in/out by pulling in straight up and inserting it straight down - the 1st one broke without removing or replacing the bottle, I only noticed it after wondering why the bottle was gone (and I was so thirsty!)

Where did it break?

Its not normal for that to happen, even a PnP special should last longer than that.

I'm still thinking that the fault is not with the cage.....

Taking coat and running

:ph34r:

http://cyclesmith.ca/images/library/large/spl_problk_09_m.jpg

http://www.olympiccycles.co.za/uploads/c6dfd9ec30a34c9083540871ee205acc-23112011-154443.jpg

That's the one I have. It's like the Toyota Landcruiser of bottle cages. Pretty much unbreakable but not very pretty

I used the specalized rib cage, until it broke. I was going to replace it but couldn't find it in sock. got a Xzakt instead and its been great.

The clamp, I tried topeak, and they were terrible, broke during the first downhill. Then I got this cheap plastic thing at linden cycles and it works like a bomb. I refuse to use ones that clamp to seat rails, as they are carbon and I'm a bit over protective.

Where did it break?

Its not normal for that to happen, even a PnP special should last longer than that.

I'm still thinking that the fault is not with the cage.....

Taking coat and running

:ph34r:

Hahahaha..........I'll take a picture and post it later. Maybe the bottle was too heavy?

Is yours like this:

http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/2/475/ACC_ACWB0076.jpg

Or like this:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/product-images-large/specialized-rib-bottle-cage-pro-42228.jpg

Mine was like the second one. Maybe an older version.

Picture included showing break, this is the cage I collected on Friday. The previous one broke in the same place on both sides.

post-32242-0-38546600-1340089355.jpg

Bottle & cage mounted using topeak mount (not mounted onto seatrails but post)

post-32242-0-55007200-1340089521.jpg

that looks like it could break when pressure is applied to the top V section, sure you arent hitting your bottle into that on the way down

i guess not a great design, if your bottle sits at an angle backwards there will be pressure on that V section too

Elite Pria Pave

Nuff said

I'm not sure the Italian job will last very long in the hands of a knuckledragger like me, I need to look at something made from weapons grade titanium that is indestructable.

Bottle & cage mounted using topeak mount (not mounted onto seatrails but post)

Yep just what i thought.... LOL

Just like my one i broke trying to pull the bottle out from the side (trying to reach behind with one hand while riding).

I'm not sure the Italian job will last very long in the hands of a knuckledragger like me, I need to look at something made from weapons grade titanium that is indestructable.

That Italian job is adjustable so you can tighten up the dial against the smaller bottles to prevent them from flying out. By now of course you could have spent the money on a decent Camelbak.

That Italian job is adjustable so you can tighten up the dial against the smaller bottles to prevent them from flying out. By now of course you could have spent the money on a decent Camelbak.

Started with 3l camelbak, then downgraded to 2l and finally worked out that with waterpoints I only need to carry a litre. I don't like the wet patch on my back from the camelbak and only use it when going on leasurely longer rides esp with the missus when everything except the ghd must be packed. Do you need to tighten the dial after inserting the bottle?