Nashua Mobile Ladies MTB Day 2012

Esteni

I am also looking for a 25km enty, is there somebody that can help me please! My nr is 0832351436

Got you an entry. Will give you a shout now.

Edited by slick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The race was one of the best, nice variety, not too technical to break your neck, except the thick sand :-(, guys at the farm gate to lift your bikes over, ladies quite patient when you felt the need to walk a bridge, champers and beer at the finish, massages, bare chested bike washers were scarce? Queues for lunch still a problem, dessert came out after everyone had left. Marking suspect in places, after the tunnel the track forked, no arrow?? Perfect weather, well done to organisers! Back to Van Gaalens today for Corporate Challenge.

The last lady who finished got better prizes and more recognition than the top finishers in each category ???

There was desert?!

Van Gaalens is always guarantees for a good ride and a fun day out. Well done to the team! And this year the weather was perfect as well. To be honest though, the goodie bag did not compare to the previous 2 years and the prize giving was a bit 'iffy'... But we will be back next year :-) as this remains a good organised race and route.

The routes were great. As Backpacker said, marking could have been better near the end. One complaint from my side regarding the construction of the bridge over the dry stormwater ditch, the one after the tunnel: there is a pole (like a wood telephone pole, lying flat) that looks like it forms part of the right side of bridge. It does not! I took my turn onto the bridge too fast, put out a foot to steady myself and the pole just rolled away. This sad story ends with me and Storm lying at the bottom of the ditch after a 2m sideways drop. I did finish, and was lucky not to be seriously injured. Got away with a sprained wrist and lots of scrapes and bruises.

There was desert?!

Van Gaalens is always guarantees for a good ride and a fun day out. Well done to the team! And this year the weather was perfect as well. To be honest though, the goodie bag did not compare to the previous 2 years and the prize giving was a bit 'iffy'... But we will be back next year :-) as this remains a good organised race and route.

What was in the other "mens" goodie bags?

I thought mine was rather rubbish, it had a cap, my race number in the envelope with some cable ties, a Biogen immune booster bottle, a soap thing and a sachet of sorts. Thats it.

lekker ride as usual and wont miss the others

yes goodie bags downgraded from past but a ride like this with bike wash (not as good as past both from spectator pow and performance but nontheless), lunch and massages i wont expect more for the entry fee.

where can one get the results?

What was in the other "mens" goodie bags?

I thought mine was rather rubbish, it had a cap, my race number in the envelope with some cable ties, a Biogen immune booster bottle, a soap thing and a sachet of sorts. Thats it.

Add long sleeve shirt - results are on www.mtb-ladiesday.co.za . It was fun, even if it was slow who cares?

Add long sleeve shirt - results are on www.mtb-ladiesday.co.za . It was fun, even if it was slow who cares?

I saw some okes with those and thought maybe they bought them... Nice shirts, pity I didnt get one :angry:

Other than that it was a good day out, nice potter along with my lady

Edited by SeanN

Great event as always and the weather played along again, pretty chilly when we arrived but that didn't last long, nice and warm later on, just like the last 2 years have been.

We kept as close to the back as possible and managed to help quite a few ladies who had mechanicals, mostly punctures.

looking forward to next year!

My team of fairies!

post-6012-0-98791100-1341216797.jpg

We entered a mens team for the Corporate Challenge on Sunday, all exactly the same, down to the champers, beer, emaciated bike washer in a bikini, etc, etc. What justifies the difference in entry fee from R275 for Nashua Ladies Day to R875 per rider for the corporate challenge?? Small field of about 200 riders ... cannot justify asking the boss for sponsorship again ...

I also had fun on the day... Some of the more technical bits was a bit frustrating due to people getting off and pushing.... But, a good time on the bike!

Stupid question.... On our left on the route there was a lodge built out of stone... If I remember correctly, the name had "Eagle" in it... Anyone happen to notice the place and know what the name is?

My fiance enjoyed the ride. Apparently she earned the nickname "Downhill Girl" because her baggie-clad-butt was the view all the girls saw whenever the trail descended. She also rode all the drop offs and bridges without hesitation picking her way through the pedestrians. I'm so proud.

She only had two criticisms: too much district road and she ended up doing a 5km detour with a bunch of other girls when they got lost going up towards the Greek Church. I think there was a dude standing in front of the signage which caused them to miss the turn.