Upgrading

gwhite

Yep. You definitely have more fun with more travel... These days most 140 to 160mm travel bikes are relatively efficient up hill. I ride my AM bike just about everywhere.

No matter how much you try and upgrade it, your current bike is never going to be a good AM bike with that rear travel and I suspect the head angle may not be slack enough. You tend to end up with something that's not good at anything and then you will still buy a good AM bike somewhere down the line. Rather bite the bullet now if you can afford it and sell the Spesh.

That Nukeproof looks superb value!

Thank you and yes the general advice is to get a bike with at least 140mm travel and 160mm would be the ideal travel.

Yes indeed... seems like that might be my only option to simply sell the Camber and go another route for a replacement AM bike.

Those nukeproofs are sick looking bikes, looking at the Mega AM Comp which I can source for 26K!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop in at Action Cycles and ask to see the Commencal Meta AM bike for R26K ... it is even in your size :)

Action Cycles in town right? Just a little further updown long street depending on which side your coming from? I wonder if they would do a trade in deal with my current bike :whistling:

support the local lbs man. ;-)

if you have any issues, will be easier to sort as well.

my 2c

Joining Hairy in Tokai this weekend for jump clinic :-)

Unfortunately I will not be there this week as I can't shake this nasty flu/cold bug.

The clinic is the same one where I posted pics of my first bit of jumping at Tokai the previous weekend.

Unfortunately I will not be there this week as I can't shake this nasty flu/cold bug.

The clinic is the same one where I posted pics of my first bit of jumping at Tokai the previous weekend.

Sorry to hear that Hairy and hope that you have a speedy recovery :thumbup:

The action cycles, is that the one in lower part of town?

this clinic sounds like fun - where can i get more info? :ph34r:

chat to Hairy, its where I started :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that Hairy and hope that you have a speedy recovery :thumbup:

The action cycles, is that the one in lower part of town?

Correct, on the corner of Loop Str and The Fan Walk ... so about 4-5min walk, if not less from your office.

The Jumping Clinic .........

My Link: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/117187-learning-to-jump-at-tokai-this-weekend/page__st__32

Link from another rider who was there: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/117327-some-beginner-jump-training-in-tokai/page__hl__tokai__fromsearch__1

Be honest, my pics are cooler :)

Correct, on the corner of Loop Str and The Fan Walk ... so about 4-5min walk, if not less from your office.

Shot, will take a walk up there at lunch time and go check it out. Side not, Specialized Camber Comp is up for sale, any recommended price?

Pop in at Action Cycles and ask to see the Commencal Meta AM bike for R26K ... it is even in your size :)

Very nice bike... WOW! :thumbup:

:D can you tell... yes I did and :drool:

And then you will get to see the bike in "Action" over the weekend too ;)

In all honesty, if I never got my Shova frame for the price and condition I did I would have bought one of the Meta 5.5 frames.

The suspension action is really just amazing how it flows with the trail and gives exceptional feedback.