Cell phone storage while cycling

Tubeless

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a R150 nokia from pep and a pay as you go sim. Put it in a zip lock bag, then in my saddle bag.

The phone is small so fits easily.

Just ensure you make at least one call a month to ensure your sim is not deactivated.

+1 , also got a old sony, small , pay as you go , got only emergency number on it i need . dont forget to keep it charged .

....under no circumstances can I ruien my awesome roadbike with a saddle bag!

StyleMan will get a boner reading this

iphone pouch strapped to my arm. I then listen to itunes. Put on aeroplane mode so that I dont get 100 calls while out on the track.

iphone pouch strapped to my arm. I then listen to itunes. Put on aeroplane mode so that I dont get 100 calls while out on the track.

ridding with ear phones is a big no no ( only on IDT ) on the raod and trails its bad form , you gonna get flamed buddy !

I just use a long cord. Oh wait....a cell phone..plastic bag in saddle bag. Went thru a huge weir crossing kind of thing the Die Burger a few years back. Had my phone, a banana, some notes and car keys in the saddle bag. Later, when I opened the bag to try to satisfiy my ravenous hunger I was confronted by amashed banana mess with greasy wet notes, worries about the circuit board of my key fob, and a very well lubricated tool (of the multi variety) My phone was history, totally. Nowadays even in the middle of summer I still put my phone in a plastic bag - its a habit

ridding with ear phones is a big no no ( only on IDT ) on the raod and trails its bad form , you gonna get flamed buddy !

what's IDT?

if I'm just riding along... in a ziplock bag, in my right pocket.

If the riding is of a nature that might result in a "lie-down"... in a ziplock bag, in my camelbak

I ordered a cheapie from www.dx.com. It was too much of a hassle finding a store that didn't sell a cheap phone without a SIM card meaning I had to RICA. I just swap my SIM and put it in my saddle bag.

Edited by Goobacks

• 1 month later...
In my back pocket, but this happened last week while doing nearly 70 km/h :thumbdown: :cursing: post-26136-0-89171200-1340260321.jpg
your iPhone turned into a Sony???