Who want to show me (MTBer from far away) a beautiful Tour in your region

Salah

Hi Salah,

I know you said that going through a tour operator is not an option for you. Also, not sure why any hubbers haven't mentioned us but we do mountain biking trips in and around Cape Town (we also supply many free maps that you can download from our website).

We take a lot of Swiss people (we can put you in touch with past guests if you like) out on day trips as well as longer holidays and we have a great product in our 10 day singletrack trip at the end of the year.

Check it out-you won't get better value and better riding in 10 days!

www.irideafrica.com

Edited by iRide

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Smolster is SunCity near CapeTown? If Yes of course I will do that. But how should I contact you?

For anyone who is willing to help :-). I need some Contact-Details Guys. Or at the End I am far away from home and so alone :-).

@JanMTB If i study the Map then i See Stellenbosch is right by Capetown. Until now I didnt decide where i should sleep

@iRide In fact it would be an option. The problem ist that i train 5 days a week. I am far away from a professional Mountainbiker but i am also far away from a person who drives his MTB only rarely. And the most Tours I saw are to less sporty for me. And I like to have days and talks with people from the country I am. From people like you. The Problem with maps are sometimes that if you have only a map and you have to look on the map every wcrossway so you can bike 5min and have to stop to look on the map :-).

@JGR in which region of capetown do you and your Mrs. stay? It is only that I can make better plans :-).

Sorry guys for my stupid English, i know.

Of course I will check your Site and give you Feedback.

I hear you about maps Salah! Our trips are not for people who cycle rarely-only for serious cyclists that want good singletrack and brilliant rides. I am a past pro elite champion of the province (and African singlespeed champion ;), and Jennie is a proffesional road rider and is getting super fast on the mountain bike. That means if you come out with us then we will love to try and keep up on the climbs (I love climbing too and Cape Town is full of great climbs!). It sounds like a lot of people are keen to ride with you for free, which is great but if you do not have any luck then you are welcome to contact us for a guided ride of Cape Town or Stellenbosch. I can guarentee that you will not find the best trails easily without local knowledge. I'm super glad you are decing to visit this country and sure you will have a superb time here (and be back again, the next year)

Salah I highly recommend this event in mid December, www.sabiexperience.co.za it is a 4 day event with plenty of climbs. You can do it solo or with a partner its your choice, just book your accommodation early. From Sabie you are about an hour away from the Kruger National Park if you want to see the Big 5, you also have great trails at www.mankele.co.za only about 45 mins from Sabie.

I know you have reservations about Johannesburg but you when you land in Johannesburg it is well worth your while to ride amongst the beasts at Groenkloof before you head out into the country check it out here www.tshwane.gov.za/.../Pages/Groenkloof-Nature-Reserve.aspx . I'll be happy to ride it with you if I'm in town.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

We have decided to come from the 11.2.13 - 26.2.13. We already booked the flight to Capetown. And we want to take place in the Garden Route 300 Race in Knysna. Thanks for the hints. I am sure that will be perfect in your country. At the End i will be angry that we only have a little bit more as two weeks :-).

Who wants to show me some trails between 12.2.-19.2. :-). Anybody is welcome.

Where are you going to be based? Only in Cape Town? If in Gauteng area (Johannesburg / Pretoria) I'd help out.

Please tel us more about your fathers' African origins. The stories that you grew up with. And as a European of African descent, what do you expect of your African holiday?

Hey Salah, will PM you my details as well. Might be on leave the same time you are here then I can show you around and do some riding.

Woul be cool to hear from you guys :-). Thanks Cycle and Crow.

@Riaan we didnt decide rigth now but first of course near CT to gain knowledge of the nice city. Than we want to see, your region is of course an option. How should I contact you?

@Hyperventilate in fact i grew up the most of my life in Switzerland. That is why I even cant speak the language there. But i do have relatives in Africa and i visit Africa regulary. But the opposite of South Africa, in Nort Africa :-). Algeria.