Vida 1 or big nine TFS XT - D

JLeRoux

I am looking at getting back into MTB. I know I don't want duel suspension "feels like I am wasting energy even with lock out". I am deciding between the Silverback Vida 1 and the Miranda big nine TFS XT -D

Any pointers please?

I am looking at getting back into MTB. I know I don't want duel suspension "feels like I am wasting energy even with lock out". I am deciding between the Silverback Vida 1 and the Miranda big nine TFS XT -D Any pointers please?

You mean Merida

Oooh very close call, specs and price are very similar and they even look the same!

post-4352-0-70865800-1340569621.jpg

post-4352-0-85018400-1340569694.jpg

Difference is that Silverback has 2x10, Crest Wheelset, 15mm ThruAxle and SLX brakes where the Merida has Shimano M505 brakes, 3x10, Merida Pro Wheelset, 9mm QR.

Which do you prefer most so far?

You mean Merida

Oooh very close call, specs and price are very similar and they even look the same!

post-4352-0-70865800-1340569621.jpg

post-4352-0-85018400-1340569694.jpg

Difference is that Silverback has 2x10, Crest Wheelset, 15mm ThruAxle and SLX brakes where the Merida has Shimano M505 brakes, 3x10, Merida Pro Wheelset, 9mm QR.

Which do you prefer most so far?

I'd go for the Silverback, its really worth it!

I'd look at the Momsen AL729 too , nothing against the Silvercrack and Miranda but check the Al729 its better specced full xt incl brakes for 15.5k.

• 3 weeks later...

Fell in love with the momsen AL729. Tested it campaired to vida 1 and BMC TE029 and merida 3000 carbon. Momsen with full xt was the winner. Busy working my days away to buy one of those.

• 2 weeks later...

@Cavendish: Whered you get an AL729 for R15.5K??????????????????

That is KAAAAAaaaaaAAAAK cheap!