Enduro - interesting read

wesley_r

The terrain on our "Enduros" (all 2 of them that KZN have had so far) is not that technically demanding on the bikes ... there are no major rock gardens to contend with etc. (well Karkloof had some good ones come to think of it - but they were still on XC trails) The trails are generally normal XC trails that you ride everyday in the classics. Now you are just racing the downhill bits and not worrying about the ups ... As Uncle says ... until the tracks become more demanding a 120mm XC bike would be fine ... i used my 150mm GT Force and it was a bit overkill on some sections. It did save my ass in some of the rock sections though!

All you need is your normal XC bike with the seat put down a bit.

Hi Nigel,

Are there any other events planned for later in the year, I only expect to get my Pyga around mid July so I won't make the next event at Giba.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too...

There are shuttles this Sunday at Contermans, a couple of us will be taking our AM bikes and riding all the trails down (as opposed to the DH lines), as it's open to anyone... R90 to shuttle, starts at 10 - who's coming?

Me too...

There are shuttles this Sunday at Contermans, a couple of us will be taking our AM bikes and riding all the trails down (as opposed to the DH lines), as it's open to anyone... R90 to shuttle, starts at 10 - who's coming?

OK, I'll join. :thumbup:

Hi Nigel,

Are there any other events planned for later in the year, I only expect to get my Pyga around mid July so I won't make the next event at Giba.

I know that KZN MTB are planning a couple but dates etc are not sorted as yet - I have a couple of spare dates for my DH season that we cant use due to funding ... so maybe (if hes a good oke to me for a change :P) the UNCLE and I can mash up an enduro or 2 for later on in the year - I have a couple of spots planned - one is near Balgowan, the other the UNCLE is planning next to his home track in PMB ... then im sure we could use Giba again ...

So keep an eye out on here as We will let you know what we can come up with.

Me too...

I am finally dragging myself out (if the bike is finished at the shop).

Ok well you all know how to spot me, say howzit. PoS, I promise I'll try recognise you and remember your name this time ;)

post-12904-0-31740900-1340867172.jpg